Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r132wm (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why does the HP customer support - software and driver downloads offer Broadcom Bluetooth Driver and MediaTek (Ralink) Bluetooth Software Driver downloads if my HP Notebook - 15-r132wm (ENERGY STAR) doesn't have bluetooth hardware and doesn't support bluetooth?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is because HP uploads every possible device driver that could have come with any notebook in the entire 15-r1xx model series.

HP does not list just the drivers specific to any specific model number PC...notebook or desktop.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is because HP uploads every possible device driver that could have come with any notebook in the entire 15-r1xx model series.

HP does not list just the drivers specific to any specific model number PC...notebook or desktop.

HP Recommended

How do I know which drivers need updating?

HP Recommended

Thank you, by the way.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I recommend you use the HP support assistant software and see if it finds any driver updates for your notebook.

If you don't have the HP support assistant software installed, you can download it from the link below.

Click on the orange download button at the top right side of the page.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

I see from the specs that your notebook originally came with W8.1 from HP, so there may not be many, if any driver updates for W10.

HP Recommended

Thanks again. Have a great weekend!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a good weekend too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.