Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-CS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a Windows update in April, I've been having trouble staying connected to the internet.  It is not an issue with ISP as other devices are connected without issue.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCle multiple times.  Have been knocked off 20 times or more a day until it was occurring every couple of minutes.  Finally found Realtek drivers on HP site and downloaded Friday.  Afterwhich, I couldn't get online at all except for a few seconds at a time.  Today, following instructions I found in an on-line HP manual, I uninstalled and reinstalled again and so far, am managing to stay connected and if I am disconnected, it is only briefly.  My question is, if my current fix deteriorates, do I have the option of replacing the Realtek adapter with an Intel adapter or something that will not constantly fail?  

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If your laptop manufacturing after 2014 .then you can change wifi card without problem. Check your wifi card slot - pcie or M.2

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  My laptop was mfg. in 2018 so it ought to work.  I have a PCIe.  Hope I won't have to replace but its good to know I have that option.

HP Recommended

you can check your wifi card detail in bios or device manager in windows. search in google with your wifi card model. and upgrade with same slot wifi card models.

HP Recommended

Hi, @PamCan2 

All Intel wifi adapters require two wifi antenna cables for work as designed, and your notebook only come with one.

So, if you decide to replace the RTL8821CE with an Intel card, you will need to connect the single antenna cable to the Intel wifi card's main antenna terminal, and you will have wifi, but you will not have Bluetooth, as that requires the second antenna cable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.