Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14-ca137nr
Chrome OS

Our HP Chromebook 14-ca137nr kicks us out of Zoom calls after about 5 minutes. It completely drops WiFi and I have to turn the WiFi back on. Then it does it all over again. We have AT&T, and the Chromebook is only a few feet from the router. It only happens to this one specific device. AT&T sent us a new modem/router gateway and it didn’t help. We then upgraded to an Eero mesh WiFi network but it didn’t help. I’ve reset the Chromebook to factory settings, reinstalled profiles, turned off Bluetooth and selected our WiFi as the preferred network. Nothing helped. The Chromebook is only about 6 months old and we desperately need it working for virtual school. Thanks for any help/feedback. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

So did anyone ever get back to you on this? Mine has the same issue. It’s a nightmare for virtual learning 

HP Recommended

@IndyMom2020, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Perform a hard reset

A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer memory. This forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware.

A hard reset does not remove any local files or settings.

1. Press the power button  and refresh  button for five seconds. The computer turns off and then turns on again.

2. If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.

Also, refer to the document https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1047420 for help(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.