Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq mini 110c-1010ER

My friend gave me a Compaq mini 110C-1010ER. Examining it I found the connector for the SIM card. I inserted the SIM there, but the system did not detect it. Please help to run it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried, but on Windows 8.1. I Will install Windows XP and try it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Go to support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/Compaq-Mini-110c-PC-series/3943769/model/3982055

select windows xp as the operating system go down to driver-storage and download the realtek usb card reader driver.  While you are at it update anything else you feel that needs to be updated.  Just be careful in updating the bios that can be risky sometimes.  Copy and paste the link I provided it doesn't seem to work when you directly click on it.  Or go to google and type in hp compaq mini 110 pc drivers then select the hp site and follow the on screen instructions.

HP Recommended

I tried, but on Windows 8.1. I Will install Windows XP and try it.

HP Recommended

You don't need to install xp the xp drivers should work on windows 8.1  Run them in compatibility mode if they don't run.

HP Recommended

But they not work on Windows 8.1😞

HP Recommended
Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

In the search box, type run programs.

Select Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then select Next.

Choose the program you want to fix. ...

Select Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

HP Recommended

Also don't bother with XP microsoft is no longer supporting it.  Try maybe windows 7 that might be able to detect the driver.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to jump in. Are you asking SIM card (for telephone) or SD card (you need a card reader) ?  SIM card and SD card are two different things.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

You are absolutely correct, it was a little last night I had sd card mixed up with sim card.  If he does infact mean sim card then I am not too sure how to solve this issue.

HP Recommended
You can maybe try this install xp then upgrade it to 8.1 and hopefully the xp drivers will stay in the system.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.