cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Blash682
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Elite X2 1012 G2 WWAN connection

HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings.

I recently bought a used Elite X2 1012 G2 with a HS3210 WWAN card.

Since I wanted to upgrade to an LTE one, I bought an HP LT4120, that is listed as compatible on the notebook manual.

Well, on that WWAN card, the AUX and MAIN antenna connectors are reversed! Hence, I can't connect the two cables (5 for MAIN and 6 for AUX) because I would have to reverse them, and the "6" cable is too short!

How is this even possible considering the HP LT4120 is listed as compatible in the manual?

How can I solve?

Thanks in advance.

InkedIMG_20210114_205900431_LI.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,828 92,490 21,262 28,560
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see how you can fix the problem.  Every HP LT4120 module I could find has the terminals arranged like yours.

if the card works fine with the antenna wires attached the opposite way, I wouldn't be concerned.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Blash682
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The WWAN connection works, but to be honest it isn't super fast. 

What I cannot tell is wether it is working worse than intended due to the reversal.

Anyone has a clue?

In the meanwhile, thank you for your answer, Paul!

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I noticed in your screenshot that you didn't have the left antenna wire connected.

Hopefully you connected it after you took the picture.

Unless you re-route the antenna wire (if you even can), I don't see what options you have.

Blash682
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know, I temporarily placed the card there just to take the picture (in fact they're both disconnected).

I tested it with everything connected as it should. 

Anyway, as you correctly pointed out, rerouting isn't possible, the wire simply isn't long enough.

But I can't stop thinking that there must be a reason if an antenna is marked as main and the other as aux.. 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with you.

But anything I can find, no one can specifically explain the difference, such as this...

A couple of questions about laptop internal WiFi antennas. : techsupport (reddit.com)

There have been a couple of times where I have found that switching the antenna wires provided better reception than having them connected as designed.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation