Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-cn100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been struggling with this for nearly two months now. Every single time it seems fixed, it rears its ugly head.

I have only had this laptop for about 2 1/2 months. It was my dream computer at first: great touchscreen/pen for digital art, fast, more RAM than my ancient laptop, sleek & overall beautiful. I didn't have a single complaint for the first 1-2 weeks I had it. Then, I remember running updates around the end of December. The next time I went to use my laptop, it did not recognize the wireless network. It couldn't even SEARCH for the network. My iPhone, iPad, and 8-year-old Toshiba laptop all were fine and have not had issues with the wireless. The router is only a year or two old as well.

I took my Envy into Best Buy, where they uninstalled & reinstalled the Intel wireless adapter. Seemed to work fine at the store. When I went to use it the next day, it was very slow when loading pages, but my heavy art programs worked fine and loaded quickly. I installed another update and for the next week or so it worked okay.

Ever since those updates around the end of December, my Envy has had issues. Some days it does't ever disconnect. Other days, it won't connect when I turn it on or sometimes the connection will fail in the middle of me working on something.  I also notice my Envy rarely has full connection bars at any location in this small house... even if every other device does. 

Lately, in addition to the above, it disconnects EVERY SINGLE TIME  I enter tablet mode. Sometimes this happens as soon as I flip the screen, other times it happens when I'm halfway through a drawing. But it happens every time at some point. Restarting does nothing. My computer is fully updated, through windows and the HP assist. I check every time I boot it up.

I am getting incredibly frustrated with this situation. Because I thought this issue had been fixed, I don't believe I can return the computer for a refund because too much time has passed. I was very excited to receive this computer, but I'm thinking I will not purchase another HP if this problem persists and warn others of my experiences.  And if there's any way I can return it or get some sort of compensation, I will, and then will choose another brand. I am just... very sick of this unreliability. My ancient, 8-year-old brick of a Toshiba, which is falling apart at the hinges and can't hold a charge, is more reliable than my brand-new, twice-as-expensive HP.  

UPDATE: went through a full reset. It worked for about a day, updated again, then the problem arose again. I am now looking to return or replace this computer because this problem persists, unless something else can be done. I'm at a loss and frustrated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RJ916 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was unable to reply to the private message I received in time before they closed my case (partly because of work, partly because of the internet issue itself).  I performed a full reset of my computer and that worked for about a day, then it updated and the same problem arose again: no internet in tablet mode. Can you help me contact someone for support? I am looking to return or replace the laptop at this time, unless I can easily (and cheaply) get the card replaced. I'm getting very sick of this problem. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@RJ916 Alright, let me get the concerned team involved again, 

Stay tuned for another private response.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.