Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC (r121ne)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

laptop model: HP 15 Notebook (r121ne)

Wifi adapter: Realtek rtl8723be

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Wifi card stopped working. I'm not sure if that happened after updating my BIOS.

Here's Link for driver that I have installed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-r100-notebook-pc-series/7234951/mode...

I bought the same wifi card (rtl8723be) and replaced it. But still doesn't work. Bluetooth is working but wifi doen't work.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and also Ubuntu 16.10, Wifi doen't work on both OS.

I want to know if there any alternative suitable wifi adapter is available  for this Notebook. (Intel would be preffered)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the Manual, see p. 61. 

Manual

Replacing the wireless card is not easy but you say you have already done it once. Was there one or 2 antennae? If only one your options are very limited to 1 x 1 cards. You have no whitelist so the system will boot and run with any wireless card of the same form factor. 

The Ralink and Realtek cards offered by HP are not really good hardware but about the best you can do if you have a single antenna. 

This is what you want to get, the Holy Grail, if you have 2 antennae:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-Ac-Hmc/dp/B00DMCVKMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14874554...

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here's the Manual, see p. 61. 

Manual

Replacing the wireless card is not easy but you say you have already done it once. Was there one or 2 antennae? If only one your options are very limited to 1 x 1 cards. You have no whitelist so the system will boot and run with any wireless card of the same form factor. 

The Ralink and Realtek cards offered by HP are not really good hardware but about the best you can do if you have a single antenna. 

This is what you want to get, the Holy Grail, if you have 2 antennae:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-Ac-Hmc/dp/B00DMCVKMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14874554...

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer.

My card has single antenna, Will Intel 7260 work on my notebook? (but I think Intel 7260 has 2 antennae).

HP Recommended

Sorry no if you want the 7260 you would have to string a second antenna and that is a major chore. 

HP Recommended

So which wifi card I will need to buy (single antenna)?

HP Recommended

Understand all wireless cards run better with 2 antennae it is just that a 2 x 2 wireless card really NEEDS 2. 

In this case, you really can't do any better than the wireless cards HP offers in the Service manual. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.