Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook T9Y49AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using the HP Support Assistant this morning to install the latest updates. After I installed my third update, I selected My Devices to download and install the rest of the updates and all the updates/messages disappeared! Now, the message I receive is that no updates are available.

I restarted my computer, and checked again for updates. No updates, no Action Log, no messages for either my PC or Printer. What is going on here? There should still be about 8-10 updates left to download and install.

----I have now uninstalled/reinstalled HP Support Assistant, and checked for updates. Now, the update search process does not even complete!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found this page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-15-bc000-notebook-pc-series/10...

It had a slightly different version of HP Support Assisstant. When I downloaded it and ran a search for updates, it worked! Why? Good question.

All this  brings up another issue: How in the world is someone supposed to get HP Support for issues like this? When I last looked, 119 people had looked at the original message, so I am not the only one interested in this subject. HP Support seems to be in the minority, in that it is not interested in this issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found this page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-15-bc000-notebook-pc-series/10...

It had a slightly different version of HP Support Assisstant. When I downloaded it and ran a search for updates, it worked! Why? Good question.

All this  brings up another issue: How in the world is someone supposed to get HP Support for issues like this? When I last looked, 119 people had looked at the original message, so I am not the only one interested in this subject. HP Support seems to be in the minority, in that it is not interested in this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.