Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook 14-dq1043 cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

First time poster. Few months ago, I purchased a HP notebook (14-dq1043 cl), Windows 10 64-bit, and has been working great until recently network adapter went out. I'm not aware of any new software updates and don't see evidence of one. 

The error reads: 

"The Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. Problem with wireless adapter or access point."

It's been difficult to find authetnic RealTek drivers for this specific product, RTL8822CE. Realtek's website doesn't even have this product listed, but I've tried drivers from other websites. I installed recent drivers (Oct 2020) which did not fix the problem. I uninstalled device and re-installed with new drivers. Still didn't fix problem. There are other laptops in the house that are actively and without issue, using the wifi. 

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? Can I buy a new network adapter and install it after removing old one or is it integrated into motherboard? I'm willing to factory reset the computer if that will help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may want to replace that problematic Realtek wifi card with this one...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005

You can find them for sale on eBay. 

The antenna wires are very delicate, so you have to use care when removing and reattaching them.

Below is the link to the service manual for the older model series.  It is the latest one HP has.

Hopefully your notebook comes apart the same way as referenced in the manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 14 Laptop PC

BTW...this is the latest official driver HP has for the Realtek wifi card.

2024.0.10.218   Sep 4, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108893.exe

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

Thanks for the reply. I’m planning to switch out the WiFi card this week. When I search the Wi-Fi card you suggested on eBay, I’m able to find it however the descriptions read “do not use in HP laptop”. Not sure if I should disregard that or try to find one of the WiFi cards in the manual that you posted. Here is that list:

-Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac 2 × 2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 5.0

-Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11bgn 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2

-Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2

My question is... proceed to replace with the card you suggested or try to find one of the cards from the manual?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

One of the cards listed in the manual is the same one you have now.

The other two are lesser models.

So, the only advice I can offer would be to try the AX 200 card I recommended, or live with the existing issue you have now, because none of the cards listed in the manual will solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.