Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi I have 2 HP laptop.

One of which is running with windows 7 64 and the other is running with Windows 8.1 64. And Also I have a Samsung Smart TV which is connect to the internet (via wireless) to the same router that my laptops are connect.

I want to connect my laptops to my TV via wireless in case I'd like to watch DVD or lesson to music.

what should I do?

please help me.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Shahab92

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you are looking to connect one or two of your laptops to your Smart TV. I will be happy to help you with this. What you are looking for is called Wireless Direct or Miracast. To determine if you can set this up I will need to know the product number for both of your laptops. Make sure you let me know which one is Windows 7 and which is 8. I will also need to know the exact model of your TV.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Windows 7:

Product Number:          QD977UA#ABA

Product Name:          HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC.

Windows 8:

Product number: G6R08UA#ABA

Product name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

Hi Shahab92,

It does look like both devices are compatible with Wireless Display however I don't know if your TV is compatible or not. If you can let me know what the exact model is I can look into that for you. I have a couple of links below that might help assuming your TV is compatible. The one for Windows 8 is an HP document while the Windows 7 link is to a third party site.

Using Intel Wireless Display (Windows 7)

(start at step 5. How to Setup the Wirless Display (WiDi)

Using Intel Wireless Display (Windows 😎

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My TV:

UN46EH5300F

Model Number: UN46EH5300FXZA

HP Recommended

Could you please tell me if my Samsung model UN40H6350AFXZA is compatible with my laptop 00258-61609-29055-AAOEM Windows 8.1?

THANKS!

HP Recommended

Can you tell me if I am able to stream from my HP Laptop - I have an HP AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90GHz, 32 Bit Operating System x64 based processor. I am running Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I have a laptop model number gaf6ua and I need to connect to my samsung smart tv wirelessly.  I have the samsung 6200 smart tv. Thanks,  Dennis

HP Recommended

in follow-up to my previous e-mail, here are the specs for my Samsung TV

Model: UN46ES8000

Software version: T-ECPAKUC-1059.0, BT - S/I/G

I also have another laptop

HP Envy TS m7 Notebook PC

Prod #: E0K99UA#ABL

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @2.4GHz

Running Windows 8.1 64 bit

Again, I am looking to stream wirelessly from my Notebook to my Samsung TV.

I tried by adding a Device/Wireless Display, but it is not showing my TV on the list of wireless devices. Both my TV and my Notebook are connected to the same wireless router

HP Recommended
What do I do to get started
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.