Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After an update of ralink throught windows update, bluetooth disappeared completely both in device manager (no it is not under hidden) and icon

I already followed all the basic troubleshooting

-updating driver of bluetooth (no i have neither the Bluetooth in device manager but only the “ Bluetoot device”)

- run troubleshooting which says like i have no installed bluetooth

-downloaded intel driver (it is correct??) and many others drivers also from HP website

-used the RUN and stop and start bluetooth (also made automatic launch)

-check again for windows update

-went to airplane Mode settings and also the Bluetooth option to switch disappeared

botton line, it disappeared completely. 

any suggestions? It is the second time this happened, i don t know how last time suddenly appeared but it is getting very annoying.

thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is good news your notebook has two antenna wires connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi adapter.

That gives you a few options:

These are Wi-Fi cards that would work, and all upgrade the Wi-Fi to dual band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 730668-001

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

If you get the above card, I would have to give you the link to the W10 Bluetooth driver because Intel removed support for the 7260AC.

I just installed this card in my 350 G1 replacing the 7260AC, which has worked fine for several years and continued to do so.

I did this as a complete experiment since the card was so inexpensive.  It works great and has Bluetooth 5.2.

Amazon.com: WiFi 6E Half Mini PCI-E WiFi Network Card 802.11AX AC MPE-AXE3000H 2.4GHz 5GHz 6GHz 5400...

That has brought my 350 G1's wireless up to current standards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is a very common problem with the Ralink Wi-Fi adapter and the newer builds of W10.

I'm surprised that the Bluetooth lasted this long.

There's nothing you can do to fix the problem other than to use a USB Bluetooth adapter or replace the Ralink Wi-Fi adapter with a different model.

If you want to replace the internal Wi-Fi adapter, let me know how many antenna wires your notebook has connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi card--one or two.

That way I can recommend a suitable replacement card.

It is easy to replace the card. I have a HP 350 G1 and have done so a couple of times because my notebook has two antenna wires which afforded me more options.

Below is the link to the service manual:

c04301514 (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Oh fantastic thanks! i know it is old laptop but still very reliable one. Anyway,

2 antenna and the actual model it is ralink RT3290.

I have dongle for logitech mouse and keyboard and is working, the part that it is for me more important it is about the bluetooth speaker which i m not sure will work with usb adapter (or? Am i wrong?). I will have to think if buying aparter it is the good thing right now or replace the laptop itself 😓

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is good news your notebook has two antenna wires connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi adapter.

That gives you a few options:

These are Wi-Fi cards that would work, and all upgrade the Wi-Fi to dual band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 730668-001

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

If you get the above card, I would have to give you the link to the W10 Bluetooth driver because Intel removed support for the 7260AC.

I just installed this card in my 350 G1 replacing the 7260AC, which has worked fine for several years and continued to do so.

I did this as a complete experiment since the card was so inexpensive.  It works great and has Bluetooth 5.2.

Amazon.com: WiFi 6E Half Mini PCI-E WiFi Network Card 802.11AX AC MPE-AXE3000H 2.4GHz 5GHz 6GHz 5400...

That has brought my 350 G1's wireless up to current standards.

HP Recommended

Sweet thanks again, i will go for one if the 2 broadcom you mentionwd as I see are even cheaper than intel.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Here are the links to the latest W10 Broadcom Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers that will work for either BCM card:

Wi-Fi:

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver (Windows 10)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

After you install the above driver Windows Update will install 7.35.352.0, which was never released to HP.

Bluetooth:

Broadcom Bluetooth Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe 

Before you install the new Wi-Fi card, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category, right click on the Ralink Wi-Fi adapter and select Uninstall.  Also check the Uninstall driver box.

Shut down the PC.

Unplug it, remove the battery and install the new Wi-Fi card.

W10 will automatically install drivers for the Broadcom Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers but the drivers I posted will be newer than those from what I recall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.