Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

for some reason the laptop wont detect my Wi-Fi, I use suddenlink and the crazy part is that it detects Wi-Fi’s that not even my iPhone 12 Pro Max can detect. Like it says it detects a netgear wifi and also other suddenlink Wi-Fi’s but its not my Wi-Fi as mines has a custom name and I have already tried connecting to them it wont work because the password is not correct. Im so confused over this the laptop had connected with my last xfinity wifi just fine but for some reason it wont detect my suddenly link Wi-Fi. What makes it even weirder is that how is it detecting Wi-Fi’s that not even my new iPhone can’t detect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dopo13 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04395386

It has  1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN  adapter which ONLY supports 2.4GHz networks. You have to allow YOUR router to broadcast dual bands which are 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Your machine should see 2.4GHz and allow you to connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dopo13 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04395386

It has  1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN  adapter which ONLY supports 2.4GHz networks. You have to allow YOUR router to broadcast dual bands which are 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Your machine should see 2.4GHz and allow you to connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hi, thank you for the reply so would I need a different router or need to change something in the router settings?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.