Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ57
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

In compaq laptop Model-Presario CQ57, bluetooth icon is shwoing , however when i am trying to connect bluetooth device, it only shows - Searching Devices !.

i am not able to connect bluetooth speaker.

Hardware - Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Device Type : Bluetooth Radios

Stutus showing : This device is working properly.

Does this laptop support Bluetooth, Kindly suggest what to do, how i will connect bluetooth speaker to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nishansinha88,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with Bluetooth connectivity while pairing a speaker. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from device manager and restart the computer and try to pair the device again?
  • Did you check if the Bluetooth speaker pairs with another device like a smartphone or tablet to isolate the issue that the device is not faulty?
  • Did you try connecting another Bluetooth device such as a headset to this computer and check if it gets connected?

For now, please try these steps:

• Please go to device manager.
  • Then Expand the Bluetooth option by clicking on it.
  • Right click on the listed Bluetooth driver and left click on uninstall.
  • Then restart the computer and turn off the speaker.
  • While the computer is restarted turn on the speaker again.
  • Now try to pair it with the computer and check if the issue gets fixed.
  • If the problem continues, then try connecting another Bluetooth device such as a Bluetooth headset with the computer.
  • If it connects correctly, then the speaker may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
  • Also, try connecting this speaker to another device like your smartphone and check if it gets paired.
  • If it does not get paired, then it is clear as daylight that this speaker is faulty and requires to be replaced.

For further assistance and only if the Bluetooth speaker connects to another smartphone or IPad then  please perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2i5C9SN (HP PCs - Fixing Bluetooth Problems (Windows 7)

• Step 1: Ensure Bluetooth hardware is on your computer and enabled
  • Step 2: Turn on device discovery
  • Step 3: Update Bluetooth drivers
  • Step 4: Perform a Microsoft System Restore
  • Step 5: Other things to try
  • Related support

Now check if the issue gets resolved.

If it continues a great workaround is to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter and connect it to one of the USB ports the computer. Then connect the Bluetooth speaker to it. This will work like a charm. It is very cost effective and economical and can be purchased online via a reputed portal Like Amazon or eBay or from a local store like Best Buy or Staples.

This will be the best route to go if you decide to get the Bluetooth module of the computer replaced contacting a local technician it would cost you plenty. I am trying to save you some hard-earned money. I don’t live in Bill Gates’s neighborhood and understand where you come from.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nishansinha88,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with Bluetooth connectivity while pairing a speaker. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from device manager and restart the computer and try to pair the device again?
  • Did you check if the Bluetooth speaker pairs with another device like a smartphone or tablet to isolate the issue that the device is not faulty?
  • Did you try connecting another Bluetooth device such as a headset to this computer and check if it gets connected?

For now, please try these steps:

• Please go to device manager.
  • Then Expand the Bluetooth option by clicking on it.
  • Right click on the listed Bluetooth driver and left click on uninstall.
  • Then restart the computer and turn off the speaker.
  • While the computer is restarted turn on the speaker again.
  • Now try to pair it with the computer and check if the issue gets fixed.
  • If the problem continues, then try connecting another Bluetooth device such as a Bluetooth headset with the computer.
  • If it connects correctly, then the speaker may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
  • Also, try connecting this speaker to another device like your smartphone and check if it gets paired.
  • If it does not get paired, then it is clear as daylight that this speaker is faulty and requires to be replaced.

For further assistance and only if the Bluetooth speaker connects to another smartphone or IPad then  please perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2i5C9SN (HP PCs - Fixing Bluetooth Problems (Windows 7)

• Step 1: Ensure Bluetooth hardware is on your computer and enabled
  • Step 2: Turn on device discovery
  • Step 3: Update Bluetooth drivers
  • Step 4: Perform a Microsoft System Restore
  • Step 5: Other things to try
  • Related support

Now check if the issue gets resolved.

If it continues a great workaround is to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter and connect it to one of the USB ports the computer. Then connect the Bluetooth speaker to it. This will work like a charm. It is very cost effective and economical and can be purchased online via a reputed portal Like Amazon or eBay or from a local store like Best Buy or Staples.

This will be the best route to go if you decide to get the Bluetooth module of the computer replaced contacting a local technician it would cost you plenty. I am trying to save you some hard-earned money. I don’t live in Bill Gates’s neighborhood and understand where you come from.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you David,

for your assistant & help to resolve the issue.I have tried both the process as mentioned in your last communication but i am not able to connect to any bluetooth device from my laptop.

Hardware is available in system,also updated it but still shows "searching device" & doest not connect.

Netowrk Adapter are available.

-Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

-Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Can you please tell me what could be the issue, otherwise as suggested,i have to buy a usb adapter separately.

HP Recommended

@Nishansinha88,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. Please buy the USB Bluetooth adapter as the internal Bluetooth module seems to be faulty as you have tried all the steps and still these steps and the issue is still not resolved.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.