Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Nisc

Thanks! It looks like it's prompting for the printer EWS(Embedded Web Server). Could you try to print using Apple AirPrint or HP SMart App and let me know the results. Instructions on how to print using Apple AirPrint and HP Smart App can be found on the following links:

Apple AirPrint

HP Smart App

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello! It still stuck for me. Asking for name and password, which i do not know. Im realluy disapointed.  i set up my old Epson phoopint xp-860, and ater a few minets i could print from my IOS fdevices without any pobs. Why is HP so difficult to use with IOS devices? My old HP could do the job eventhough i was'nt  bouild fo diecet or airprint.

Please gie me som usefull help. I'd tryid to get in touch with HP upport by phone, bu it is impossible f of me i'm ready to completely uninstall the printer if i know how a reinstall can solve the problem: how to print from iPhone and iPad wwithout any name and code at all?  I'm tired right now. Using to mot time unsuccesfull.

regards Nikolaj  DK

HP Recommended

@Nisc

I'm afraid, the only option left is to reset the printer network settings and re-connect it back to your home WiFi. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch "Wireless".

7.) Touch Settings.

8.) Touch Wireless Settings.

9.) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the name of your home Wireless network and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.

Once the printer is connected to your home WiFi, connect iOS device to your home WiFi and then try to print.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello again!

I think i hd solved the priner prob to day. fist  i mde a new upset from the guie from the comunity. And <i was still promted for name and passord whn <i tried my iPad or iPhone. Then i opned th printers hom page fraom is lokal ip 192.168.XX.103

and  i networkssettings i choos airprin. Iwas axtivated and  i an iin userpermissions i could easely give a name and a password. 

Then it works all or wit my Ios devices. Bot HP support dak and Apple support did not know how to help me And i figured  it out by my self

Thansks for the help i recieved here in the community..    🙂

Best regards Nisc DK. 

HP Recommended

And ater th first time i tried to leave the username and pass blank.  i sn ot promtd anymore and printing like a dream..

Nisc DK 

HP Recommended

@Nisc

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.