Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 340SG7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am suddenly unable to connect my WiFI and I am getting this error message:

"The adapter Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MzH is experimenting controller or hardware problems"

Since this model has no cable connection, I cannot connect to the internet in anyway.

I have tried restarting the computer, disabibng and enabling controllers, etc but nothing seems to be working. The computer just doens't detect any wifi signal.

In the device manager screen, the wifi adapter has a yellow triangle on it.

Can someone please help? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this works...

Go to the device manager.

Right click on the problematic Intel AX201 wifi adapter.

Select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC, and see if Windows reinstalls the wifi adapter so that it works again.

Then download the latest wifi driver from Intel for that model wifi adapter from the link below...the 64 bit driver is the first one listed at the top left side of the page.

Download Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

HP Recommended

HI, I tried uninstalling it, it didn't help.

Nevertheless, I downloaded the driver on another computer and installed it on my laptop.

Still getting the same error message 😞

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that didn't work for you.

The only other thing you can try before contacting HP in Spain for support if your notebook is still under warranty, would be to reinstall W10 and hope that fixes the problem.

You can use the media creation tool to create bootable installation media.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP customer service info for Spain...

Contactar con HP / Atención al cliente | HP® España

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.