Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community (First of all, I'm Italian, so, my apologies for this terrifying English). Well, I've just written about my problem on Mircosoft Community and people from there told me to ask here about, because it's seems I haven't a driver which can let me have wi-fi connection. It's strange beacuse since two day ago I could connect my laptop to my Smartphone's Hotspot. So, I searched for that driver on Hp web site, but, when i wrote my Laptop model, it said there' re not drivers for my device... I've an Hp ENVY m6 (I hope you can understand what is my problem and first of all my English🙃). Thank you for your time

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Costantia

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, please let us know the entire Computer name and model number.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop is an ENVY m6, and the code I've found in the battery is [edited] (I hope these are the correct infromations).

HP Recommended

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

And I understand your italian english perfectly, don't you worry! 😉 no ones perfect.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.