Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few months ago, don't remember the exact time, my modem had 2 separate internet connections, one was a 5g and the other a 2.4g, I believe. My mother was having internet problems of her own, and so she called AT&T(my isp) and managed to combine the two WiFi connections. Ever since she did this, I have been having problems instead, and ONLY my computer has these problems. Not my phone, her TV, my father's computer; only mine. 
The problem isn't really identifiable, at least to me, and I have found no fixes on the internet or from any other sources. I have not tried contacting my isp yet, mostly because my parents just blow me off when it comes to this problem. I will try my best to explain my problem here.
In random intervals of seconds, anywhere between 20 and 50 seconds, every program running on my computer using WiFi will suddenly stop transmitting or receiving, for about 10 to 20 seconds. In other words, while I am in a call with friends and playing a game with them, at the exact same time, my friends will stop talking and stop hearing me, along with in-game, everyone around me suddenly freezes in place. After the internet comes back, my friends cut in and out slightly, and I lag back to where I was when the lag started.
I have changed many connection adapter settings, nothing has fixed it indefinitely. The only thing that has given me a sufficient fix was changing the Roaming Aggressiveness to disabled, which fixed it for two days. Resetting my internet fixes the problem for a few hours to a day at most. Changing wireless mode, preamble mode, and preferred band has not changed anything enough to see a fix. I am looking for absolutely anything that could help me out with this problem, because I have been struggling with it for months and trying to fix it for almost 3 weeks now. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zombiekiller100 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

ProdID: 3WE38UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@zombiekiller100 

Thank you for the update.

Please update the wireless drivers and check for the issue.

Please click the below link to install the drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95797.exe

Also, please update the BIOS

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.