Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer & Laptop Problems

HP Envy Photo 6230

HP Spectre 13” 191E7237-59F6-4A3D-B348-A89993C2C274

The laptop is S L O W! It is the top of the range with 16gb RAM & 1Tb SSD drive that cost me about £1700.

The main purpose for buying this laptop was that I do a lot of photography, I need a good quality display & a fast operation for editing, changing from one image to another quickly to compare them. With this laptop there is always a delay where the screen goes blank before the next image appears. This makes it impossible to compare the images.

The printer replaced my last HP printer which stopped working.

My previous laptop would print directly through this printer without having to manually connect the two & kit did so with no problems.

This pairing does not. When I try to print a document, the light on the printer shows that it is connected. It shows that they are connected on the ‘Network & Internet Settings’.

When I try to print a document a dialogue box appears that says that the printer is ‘Offline’. When I click on the ‘Print’ button, the printer comes alive, but doesn’t print the document.

Sometimes it will tell me that the paper tray is empty when it is almost full.

Then it WILL print, but stops half way through the process & regurgitates the half printed document.

In the ‘Print Queue’ box, it will show documents that it has already printed, & even when I delete them, sometimes they are still there. Sometimes it shows that a document is ‘printing’ but nothing happens, & then minutes later, as if by magic, it prints … other times it doesn’t at all.

The printer has Bluetooth enabled & the laptop can ‘see’ it, but when I try to connect, it says that it is connecting & eventually says ‘Try connecting again’.

This is driving me mental & I need it sorted out … NOW!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kwakers7

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Regarding the performance issue, let's try these steps: http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=PerformanceGeneral.net

Regarding the Printer issue, try this:

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. As you can probably imagine, things are difficult in this current situation. I am working my way through your suggestions. I will reply again when I have exhausted them. I am not hopeful as it has been like this since it was new, and then the whole thing crashed and I had to reload the operating system. Note, I had to do it! I find it quite appalling that having spent so much money on a top of the range laptop, that I have to do the fixes myself, even though there is a full warranty on the product. 

HP Recommended

I understand, do keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For your Laptop performance, let's do a hardware test: 

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Once done, please do system recovery: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Did you try the steps for your printer that I gave?

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.

Have a great day ahead!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.