Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago I opened my 360 and the WiFi had just dissapeared. There is no WiFi key visible that I can see on the Key pad. There is an Airplane key but no WiFi on the keyboard and now no longer a gray box for WiFi the screen either. I have tried trouble shooting and the responses I get are:

There might be a Problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

A Network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. 

I am using the Hot Spot on my phone and know it to be functioning

but none the less, there are no networks or even Wi Fi Visible! 

Is there a WiFi key or button on this unit?

I can not afford a tech

the unit was only used  approximately 6 months it is that new and gently used

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey T3D2 ,

No worries , If you could open device manager again then navigate to "Network Adapters" , right click whatever is in that subsection and click on "properties" then navigate to the "details" page and you should see a drop down.

change the drop down to "Hardware IDs" and if you could reply exactly what you see or a screenshot it will help me find out which drivers you require furthermore other options for me to help resolve this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  If you need advise for your overheating laptop I will happily advise on that too!

Regards,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings T2D2 ,

Welcome to the community forums , So from what I have read you are having problems connecting to your phones hotspot on your hp laptop?

Could I ask that you click on the search box in windows 10 and type "device manager"  , Once in here please click on "network adapters" and let me know if there is any yellow triangle here?

If your unit is only 6 months old and you are experiencing problems it maybe worth speaking to the store you purchased your laptop from. Just as a last resort.

Failing the ability to return the product I will proceed to attempt to help you resolve this. If you could write a reply to my instructions above and I will attempt to help you further.

Kind regards,

Shineyhawkz

Full Time IT Technician

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended

I do not even have the Option for WiFi! there used to be a Gray box when Networks would be opened that said "WiFi" now that isn't even there.

Thank you for responding, I purchased it at Walmart so Returning it there is not an option.

I did as you suggested and opened Device Manager and when I click on Network Adapters a list appears but none of them show a yellow Triangle. I appreciate the Help so much I am working on an older HP that has internal overheating issues and I have to have it in safe mode to work so I can not open the PDF file for the manual on here and when I tried to down load it on a tablet that I have it got froze at 87%! ARRRRGHH!

HP Recommended

Hey T3D2 ,

No worries , If you could open device manager again then navigate to "Network Adapters" , right click whatever is in that subsection and click on "properties" then navigate to the "details" page and you should see a drop down.

change the drop down to "Hardware IDs" and if you could reply exactly what you see or a screenshot it will help me find out which drivers you require furthermore other options for me to help resolve this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  If you need advise for your overheating laptop I will happily advise on that too!

Regards,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended
Thanks for replying again! So I had already done that, .. while as I am no genius at this stuff thankfully not a total dummy either, .... so it told me that it was all working properly, ... I DON'T THINK SO! I also had gone into ... I don't even remember in Network and sharing, ... where it tells you if the Wifi or the Ethernet is enabled? Any way, ... it would come up with the little box saying enabling Wifi, ... tell me it was fixed but meantime it still showed disabled. So at that Point I said To HELL with it!! I had been putting off doing the Recovery because when I went to do that at first it gave me a list of some 15 items I was going to have to reinstall and I was like ..... TO HELL WITH THAT! LOL, ... but I decided last night that I was done playing with it and did a hard Reset, ..... Lo and Behold!! I now have Internet again!! So, Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and going above and beyond to help a stranger!
HP Recommended

No worries , Glad to hear your back online!

If you would like advice on your overheating laptop I would happily give you advise , otherwise I hope you have a pleasent experience on your laptop from now on 🙂

If you could mark my response as a resolution and give Kudos it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended
OK so I just hit the accept Solution button and the thumbs up to do that? It is my first time in the forum, .... I would appreciate any advice you can give on the HP 2000 that has internal temp issues, ... I have been told by someone looking at it that my fan needs to be replaced? I have cleaned it .... and all the apertures. But if you think you have any ideas on what to do with it it would be great!
HP Recommended

Hey T2D2,

No worries , everyone on this forum is here to help 🙂

If internal temp issues are being caused on your laptop this could simply be because the laptop needs to be opened internally and sprayed with compressed air to releave any dust inside.

If this does not resolve it then this could be due to the Thermal Compound  ontop of the CPU being old and possibly nonexistant.  All that would need doing is for the CPU fan to be removed and CPU top cleaned and new thermal compound to be reapplied.

If you do not feel comfortable performing such things then most computer stores will be able to reapply the compound.

Please click on the link for a youtube tutorial of what I mean -> Click here to see video!

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended

My wifi stopped working abruptly as I was browsing. I have tried to reboot to no avail. On network adapters properties - Intel (R) wireless- AC9560 - device status says the device cannot start (code 10) operation failed-  the requested operation was unsuccessful!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.