Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc183cl
Microsoft Windows 11

I think this is either a bluetooth or driver issue, but I have a pair of bluetooth earbuds that use to work fine before I upgraded to Windows 11. They still work fine on my phone, but on my laptop, the connection is very unstable, sometimes no output device shows up, and when there is an output device, no sound comes out. So i go to the sound devices and go to the earbud properties and they disconnect. I think this is a driver incompatibility with Windows 11, so I tried updating, removing, and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers. Nothing worked. A few weeks later, Intel released a bluetooth update but not even that worked. The only other thing I can think of that *might* be the cause is that I followed this post to fix the sound service sleeping, but that's probably not it. I have made a post before about this, but after 1 reply it became completely inactive. Also, before you say "just run the bluetooth troubleshooter", please know that I have tried every single thing on the first 3 pages of google to try to fix this. It is very inconvenient for me because I use my laptop at school and need to use my earbuds often.

Bluetooth card information:

Device name: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Driver provider: Intel Corporation

Driver version 20.100.10.5

Driver date: 8/31/2021

Firmware Vendor: Unknown

Firmware Date: Unknown

Firmware version: 370810225019140f3b

I think I have put all the information I can.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kidneybean 

Please download and install the fist one on the following link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/94854/intel-dual-band-wirelessac-3168/downloads...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No luck. Removed the current drivers, installed this one, restarted and same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.