Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fq1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Serial Number: [personal info removed]

My HP Laptop doesn't connect well to my Wi-Fi. Every 2 minutes, the internet cuts and says that there's no connection. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi from the laptop, but after 2 minutes it happens again. I'm starting to get tired.

I changed my Wi-Fi device recently, I don't think it's a problem from the Wi-Fi rather than from the laptop. 

I tried looking for updates of the driver Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter, but in the HP Drivers section, when I insert my serial number and select the product, it just says : "HP is compiling your results, it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes bla bla..." but it never NEVER ends. I tried in different navigators, even in my phone and it still happens. I don't know why I can't access to my drivers????

So, the thing is that I think the driver has a bug and it doesn't connect well to my Wi-Fi, but I don't know how to update or downgrade to another version since I can't access to my drivers' list. Please, help me. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest wifi driver HP has for that model wifi adapter...

2024.0.10.218    Sep 4, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108893.exe

You may want to update the Bluetooth driver too while you are at it...

1.8.1030.3010    Oct 6, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thank you for your help. I updated both drivers, but int he commands section it still shows the old version I have. How do I have to install correctly the drivers? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Try manually installing the drivers as follows...

Here's how to manually install the wifi driver and you can try the same approach for the Bluetooth.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Realtek 8822 wifi adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the location where the driver file was created.

That location will be C:\SWSetup\sp108893.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

To update the Bluetooth driver, click to expand the Bluetooth device manager category, click on the Realtek bluetooth adapter listed there and so forth, browse to C:\SWSetup\sp110200 and so on.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks again. I followed your instructions, but when I select the folder where the new driver file is, it says that the newest file is already installed in this lapton. And then I go to the driver's information and it's just the old file, not the one I just downloaded.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What is the driver version you currently have installed?

The date doesn't matter.  The date I posted is the date the driver was released to HP.

It is the version that counts.

If you have driver version 2024.0.10.218 installed then that is the latest one.

HP Recommended

It worked for the Realtek Wi-Fi Driver, but not for the Bluetooth driver. I'll try again. Can I also ask why I can't access to the drivers of my laptop? It never changes from the "HP is compiling your results. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience." message.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the Bluetooth driver isn't installing that way because I see in the unpacked driver file, there is a setup information file that when you browsed to that folder, it should have installed.

As far as the driver page.  Whenever the page for your exact model isn't working, use the page for the base model notebook for the model series, which in your specific case would be the 15s-fq1000.

That page works just fine for me.

PC portátil HP serie 15s-fq1000 Descargas de software y controladores | Soporte al cliente de HP®

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks again. I'm trying the Wi-Fi on the new version of the Realtek driver but the internet still cuts every 2 minutes, what can I do to make the cuts stop? 

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks again. I'm trying the Wi-Fi on the new version of the Realtek driver but the internet still cuts every 2 minutes, what can I do to make the cuts stop? Do I need to configure something from the Advanced Options??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.