Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think the title explains it pretty well, I have no Bluetooth connection on my laptop - to be specific, there's no On/Off toggle for Bluetooth which would likely mean that I have outdated Bluetooth drivers or none at all.

I've attempted to check my Bluetooth drivers, here's my Device Manager:

rustler1231_0-1631614292933.png

I've specifically opened the 'Bluetooth USB' and 'Network Adapters' as I assume they're the only two categories that may relate to the Bluetooth driver in question.

A few weeks ago, I went to this page and installed all the drivers there, I'm not sure if a Bluetooth Driver was included but I hope so...).

Is there anything else I can do? Of course, if you require any more information - just ask.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The RT3290 wifi adapter your notebook comes with does not work well with the newer builds of W10.

Looking at your screenshot, there is no Ralink or generic bluetooth device appearing in the device manager, which is why you have no blueooth.

Usually the wifi and/or bluetooth completely disappear from the device manager on the Ralink cards, and there is no fix other than to go back to W8.1, purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter, or replace the internal wifi/bluetooth adapter with one that works properly on W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.