Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a full reformat, and installed Windows 10 Pro on an EliteBook 1040 G1.  This is a custom ordered laptop, with the

HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Module, and has a SIM slot on the right side.  This feature worked under the old Windows 8.1 operting system.  Since installing Windows 10 Pro, I have not been able to get the cellular system to connect.  After turning on Cellular in Windows 10 (icon near clock at lower right), the status changes from "Cellular Turned off" to "Cellular no service".  It never connects.

I downloaded new drivers from the HP Support website, and installed them.  There was no change i behavior.

I went into the network settings, and under celluar I added an APN for AT&T.  AT&T tech support gave me their APN name.  No change.

I got a new SIM card, and had it activated.  No change.

I tried different locations, thinking the signal might not have been good.  No change.

I have a second identical laptop that I also installed Windows 10 on, and it also says "Cellular No service", so it does not appear to be a hardware issue.

Something is missing here, but I am no seeing what it is.  Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED!

None of the drivers on the HP Support site for Elitebook 1040 G1 work with the WWAN module in this laptop.  Based on a tip I got from Microsoft Technet, and another HP forum post for a different model computer, I found the driver on the driver site for the Zbook 15 G1.

Bottom line is the Microsoft driver that automatically installs when you install Windows 10 does not work.  None of the drivers for the HP EliteBook 1040 G1 on the HP support site work either.  HP needs to add the lt4111 driver for Windows 10 to the support site.

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

SOLVED!

None of the drivers on the HP Support site for Elitebook 1040 G1 work with the WWAN module in this laptop.  Based on a tip I got from Microsoft Technet, and another HP forum post for a different model computer, I found the driver on the driver site for the Zbook 15 G1.

Bottom line is the Microsoft driver that automatically installs when you install Windows 10 does not work.  None of the drivers for the HP EliteBook 1040 G1 on the HP support site work either.  HP needs to add the lt4111 driver for Windows 10 to the support site.

Michael

HP Recommended

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We have made a change and the Sierra Wireless HP lt4111 Gobi 4G Drivers for Windows 10 are now available for the EliteBook 1040 G1.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.