Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 470 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I unplug the power cable, my Wi-Fi connection cuts out. The laptop still shows the icon in the system tray to say it is connected, but I lose all connectivity. Plugging the power cord back in does not fix it. The only way to restore connectivity is to restart the laptop, either plugged in or on battery power, and it will work OK after that.

I have read previous threads here which tell you to ensure that Power Saving Mode in the Power Options menu has "Maximum Performance" next to "On Battery" and "Plugged In".  I have done this and it makes no difference.

I have also checked the Device Manager - Network Adaptors - Intel Dual-Band Wireless setting and it has the box unchecked alongside "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Again, this makes no difference.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

Bump

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.