Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the problem of the bluetooth card being out of date because its not supported by mediatek, how to fix this problem?

my product number is G5E21EA#A2N 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Open up the PC and confirm that there are two antenna cables connected to the wifi card in there now.

If there are, what I recommend you do is to replace/upgrade the Ralink (Mediatek) wifi card with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can easily find the card on eBay or Ali Express.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Before installing the card, uninstall the mediatek wifi and bluetooth devices and drivers in the device manager.

Then shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04438537

It is easy to do...shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to replace the wifi card.

Not only will you have bluetooth that works, but you will have dual band AC wifi capability now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Open up the PC and confirm that there are two antenna cables connected to the wifi card in there now.

If there are, what I recommend you do is to replace/upgrade the Ralink (Mediatek) wifi card with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can easily find the card on eBay or Ali Express.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Before installing the card, uninstall the mediatek wifi and bluetooth devices and drivers in the device manager.

Then shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04438537

It is easy to do...shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to replace the wifi card.

Not only will you have bluetooth that works, but you will have dual band AC wifi capability now.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for your response 

Is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 still supported? and if yes when it will lose support ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As of now, it still works on the latest build of W10.

Intel quit supporting the card with drivers last year.

There isn't any other card that would work better than that one.

HP Recommended

depending on my laptop product number I can change this card easily, right? 

in addition when buying a new laptop, how to buy the better choice with the better drivers in terms of support and performance? , I mean manufacturers wise 

HP Recommended

If you looked at the service manual, it seems pretty easy to me.

I would not be able to help you with your second question.

There are hundreds of different notebooks and they all come with different hardware.

HP supports notebooks with the original operating system for a period of 10 years, but they don't update drivers after 3 years or so.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Paul !! 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.