Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15z-ds100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to replace the problematic Realtek wifi card but can't seem to find what Intel wifi card to use, it's not mentioned anywhere in the service manual. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @FANNG 

If you want to experiment with the Intel AX200 it may work.

This is the Intel Wi-Fi card part number and description HP installed in my 15-ee0047nr notebook that has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro 160 MHz PCI-e + USB WW with 2 antenna(s)
HP part # L35282-005

You can find this model Wi-Fi card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The card in the image has all of the features you need. including Bluetooth. It will fit in the wifi module M.2 slot. It is a 2 x 2 card with the same wifi specifications as the Realtek card. I found it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255136497948?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.S...

INtel Wifi card.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks Erico for the response. The Realtek card I have is BT5.0, I was hoping that I can use a newer Intel model like AX200 with BT5.0, is that not possible? By the way the HP part number of the Realtek card is L44796-005.

Just curious, how did you know this Intel card is supported for my laptop? I wish HP can provide such information. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

I used my knowledge of the notebook's specifications to determine what would work.

I already knew the Realtek part as I looked it up to see its specs as well.

Another trick is to ensure that the module footprint is identical. it has to have a B and an M slot for it to fit.  That can be visually verified.

The Intel WIFI6 AX200 M.2 card will work in your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @FANNG 

If you want to experiment with the Intel AX200 it may work.

This is the Intel Wi-Fi card part number and description HP installed in my 15-ee0047nr notebook that has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro 160 MHz PCI-e + USB WW with 2 antenna(s)
HP part # L35282-005

You can find this model Wi-Fi card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for...

HP Recommended

I actually installed an Intel AX200 card and it didn't work, apparently not all of them are supported, my guess is HP only supports specific models - probably due to the installed network adapter. The one I tried has HP P/N L92724-005, really disappointed that HP doesn't provide this information and customers have to figure it out themselves.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul_Tikkanen for the info. I did lots of googling and came to the same conclusion that this might be the right part number but wasn't sure. I think I'm going to give it a try, I will let you know if it works or not.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

When I look up the part number you ordered and installed, the HP parts store indicates that it is an Intel AX201 Wi-Fi card, not an AX200.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

An Intel AX201 CNVIo card definitely would not work in your notebook or any other AMD notebook that I know of.

HP Recommended

Erico, noticed this review on the eBay link you posted: "This engineering sample was not to be resold, doesn't have 5 GHz capability and the bluetooth is malfunctioning. Do NOT recommend!"

Should I be concerned?

HP Recommended

Good catch, although the review is an outlier without any real referenced details or photographic evidence.

Other verified buyers did not report that.

I would not be so concerned since eBay has not removed it from the MarketPlace. eBay does have some skin in the game.

@Paul_Tikkanen  thanks for the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.