Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-E117DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my wifi card to get the latest tech. I am looking at one with the HP part # 666914-001. Will this work with my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that card should work, but you can do even better...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find this model card on eBay.

You should also be able to install this Broadcom AC card, but the Intel card is usually less expensive and has more recent driver support...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes, that card should work, but you can do even better...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find this model card on eBay.

You should also be able to install this Broadcom AC card, but the Intel card is usually less expensive and has more recent driver support...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your wifi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Will do.

HP Recommended

Card arrived today. Installed in about 15 minutes. Power on and reconnect

to 2.4 GHz channel and all working okay. Changed to 5GHz and working even

better. I am highly satisfied.

Thanks for your help.

GrandSean

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know the results of your notebook's wifi card upgrade project.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.