Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi dear hp support,

i love my new hp envy x360, but there is one issue i cant fix. I have avarage ping while playing games of like 30-50 ms with spikes to sometimes over 2000. i have all the latest drivers installed and also tried all of the other stuff i could find via google search. The only thing i cant do is, changing the power management setings of my network adapter in the device manager, because the tab is completly missing on my system. All the crazy registry stuff google recomend u to do to get it back wasnt succsesfull. So u are my last chance to enjoy a lil bit of gaming 😄

Thx 4 the help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Forrestmau7 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for contacting us. Congratulations on your new system 🙂

We are here to help you with the issue.

May I know if it happens only while playing games?

Try performing a network reset and updating the power settings.

1). Try network reset

Press the Windows key then search 'Network reset"

Then open network reset and click "reset" to restart router 

unplugged your network router for 60 seconds then plug it back in.

2. Open and search "Power options"
Select "Edit power plan settings"
Click " Change advance power settings"
Expand "Wireless Adapter settings"
Set both to "Maximum Performance" for both battery and plugged in.

3. Open "Device Manager"
Then Expand Network Adapters
Choose your Wifi Device
then right-click and click on properties
Click on Power Management Tab
Uncheck "Allow computer to Turn off device to save power"
Then Click Ok

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Forrestmau7

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Nirvana,

thanks for your reply.

I tryed the things You told me but there were some issues:

1.)

The windows search only provide me with web results:

Forrestmau7_0-1654261775707.png

but i restarted my router multible times. it doesnt help.

2.)

There was  no Wireless adapter settings for me in Edit powerplan settings:

Forrestmau7_1-1654262526536.png

there was only PCI Express and i turned them both on max performence.Nothing changed so far.

3.)

My wifi settings in the device manager doesnt show a power management tab 😕

Forrestmau7_2-1654262695085.png

Any further advices would be higly apreciated.

Regards

Forrest

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.