Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 34 AIO running Windows 10 home and had the same thing happen. I tried to roll back the drivers, but to no avail. I also did a system restore to gain back connectivity, but the updates kept coming. Ultimately, I had to use an Ethernet cable to get connected.

I know it's ProSet update because, when I rolled back to a previous good state, I opened the network adapter page and watched the statuses of the adapters while I manually installed the intel ProSet update. Halfway through, the wireless adapter became disabled. Then, once the installation was complete, it wouldn't re-enable. 

I've also tried disabling all protective software (Webroot) and verifying that no extraneous connections are listed in the adapter properties, aside from those indicated in Microsoft help "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter"

Hopefully another update will come out soon to re-enable the Wi-Fi adapter. However, if anyone has a solution, please share. Every time I revert to a previous state, this update automatically installs itself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
SOLUTION: In Device Manger, delete the Intel wireless card and Realtek PCI GBE controller. Run CMD.exe as an administrator. Type "netsh int ip reset" to reset the IP connections. See Microsoft knowledge base entry "How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility" [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357} Once that is complete, reboot the computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @JBinUSA,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I see from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Envy 34 Notebook and Wireless connecting issues. Here is an excellent starting point.

I would uninstall all that is listed in the Network adapter section and restart the Notebook.

You should be installing the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers.

Please get back to me how this goes.

You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Mrstenter, Your suggestion was not the solution, as the Realtek drivers would not install for the Intel wireless device.
HP Recommended
SOLUTION: In Device Manger, delete the Intel wireless card and Realtek PCI GBE controller. Run CMD.exe as an administrator. Type "netsh int ip reset" to reset the IP connections. See Microsoft knowledge base entry "How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility" [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357} Once that is complete, reboot the computer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.