Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello Paul, I am Joe Marlowe.

I tried executing your suggested 'sp112619.exe' upgrade and I got down to the black DOS screen, and then I was stuck for I didn't know what to do next. I hope the initial removing of whatever data, didn't hose up my computer. I will find out in a few minutes.

My problem is when I turn on my HP laptop, I don't find Wi-Fi turned On immediately, and on the 'Network and Internet Settings' status page there is no Wi-Fi button to turn ON,  as well as no Wi-Fi button above the Eithernet button. 

I have just now spent 15 hours straight trying to solve this problem. My cable company, Spectrum, assures me their Wi-Fi signals are working properly from them and back to them. I was told they hoped Microsoft support can help me. I have had a bad time trying to get connected with them.

I see my driver version is presently 2024.0.10.220.  My other computer Wi-Fi works well off same modem and router so this definitely tells me it this computer that has the Wi-Fi bug. I am open to any further help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Joe:

So you ran sp112619, and you are still at version 2024.0.10.220?

The black screen that showed up was the installation via the command prompt menu.

So if that didn't work you can try manually updating the driver to v.2024.0.10.221 by going to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\spsp112619.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC and confirm that the driver is now at v.2024.0.10.221.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.