Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14s-dq1015nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.

My pc HP Notebook 14s-dq1015nl has a issue with the wireless card Realtek 8821CE (latest driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 2024.2.10.217)

I noticed many times spykes ping with the command ping -t 8.8.8.8 from 23-28 ms over 2000ms or request expired with a short freeze in the video conferencing. I also noticed that the wireless power automatically drops from 4 to 3 or 2 lines without move the pc. The problem is just on this pc, with others computer in the same spot the ping is regular. At moment I temporally resolved the issue with external wifi usb adapter but I would like to use the realtek card.

Any suggestion? 

If I can't resolve the issue, which other wireless card is compatible with the pc?

Thanks

Vincenzo

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Vincenzo:

That is a very problematic wifi adapter and I don't know why HP continues to install that model in their PC's.

Since your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the RTL8821CE card, that is the best one you can install.

The better cards require two antenna wires be connected to the card in order for both the wifi and bluetooth to work.

The only suggestion In can offer would be to update the wifi and bluetooth drivers to their latest versions and see if that helps any.

Wifi:  2024.0.10.220

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111389.exe

Bluetooth:  1.8.1030.3010 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for your fast reply!

Unfortunately with the new drivers, the problem is not resolved. Hope for the next drivers😅

Just to inform you, with 2.4GHz the ping is regular while with 5GHz if the signal is at max there is no issue but if the signal is 3 lines or less the ping is irregular. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that updating to the latest driver didn't resolve the problem.

We can only hope that in the future, Realtek can figure out how to get this lousy wifi card of theirs to work properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.