Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-E043 SF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I want to upgrade my PC HP Pavilion 15-e 043 sf with a new faster wireless module to replace the existing one listed as 

R TL 8188 E E HP P/N:709505-001 but I cannot find similar cards as the vendors warn about HP whitelist that could stop the PC from working if another card is installed.

Could you please let me know or suggest a similar faster card for a replacement or tell me if my PC is concerned by this whitelist so I wont be able to install a new car.

Or simply let me know that I can go ahead and install a card Intel :

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 2 x 2 Network plus Bluetooth adapter (7260.HMWWB.R)

I would be very grateful if you could give me an answer even from other members who have similar experience.

Salutations

LK

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on your notebook.   Does it have an Intel core processor or an AMD processor?

The 7260AC will only work in notebooks with Intel core processors.

If yours has an AMD processor, I have two alternative cards you can use.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul

Thank you very much for replying.

Yes my pc has the following details:

Processor: AMD 04-5000 APU with radeon (TM) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz.

What are the cards that you suggest?

Thanks again

L Kerbouche

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Either of these dual band cards would work in your model, and hopefully you can find them in used but tested and working condition on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Dual band AC:  Equivalent specs as the Intel 7260 AC (max 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router).

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

Dual band N:  Max throughput of 300 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter 
HP part # 730668-001.

Your notebook has two wifi antenna cables connected to the RTL8188EE wifi card, correct?

I think it does, but I am not 100% sure.  The 15-f000 model series with single band cards, only have one wifi antenna cable.

Your notebook needs to have two antenna cables in order to upgrade to a dual band wifi card.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul 

I really am grateful to you for your help.

My pc is HP 15-e043 sf a limited version that I bought in France. The product number: D9V97EA#ABF, [edit].

The original card does not even have the bluetooth, very strange...

When I opened the pc the actual card has 2 wires (one white 1 and the other black 2)...

Does that mean there are 2 antenaes or just one?

I've added  some pics for you to see of the actual card and the slot in the pc.

I am sorry I am not a brain in pc's but that's why I looked up for your help.

Please feel free to ask me for more infos if you need to but if you think that the 2 cards you mentioned are suitable then I will try and see...

Look forward to hear from you...

LK

20200504_121703[1].jpg20200504_121638[1].jpg20200428_200437[1].jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the additional info.

Your notebook has two antenna cables, and either of the cards I posted should work just fine.

Back in the day when you bought your notebook, maybe only 50% had Bluetooth.

Today it is more common for most notebooks to come with AC wifi and bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thanks a lot for your help and I will try the cards and keep you posted...

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your wifi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul 

I am sorry to hassle you again but I forgot to ask yesterday where I could find the drivers for the cards that you suggested and if you could give me the link to install it once I've got the card...

Thanks a lot👍

HP Recommended

Hi:

Not a problem!

I didn't provide the drivers because I believe that W10 will install them automatically after it detects the card.

But here are the links to the latest wifi and bluetooth drivers HP has that work for either card.

Windows will update the driver to a slightly newer version that HP doesn't have.

Wifi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

One thing I did forget to mention was that before you install the new wifi card, go to the device manager right click on the Realtek wifi card, select Uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the new wifi card.

You may want to download and save the drivers now in case you need them right after you install the Broadcom wifi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.