Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After an update for windows failed during the installation process, I have been having problems with the wifi adapter.  I didnt have a strong signal while the update was installing due to my computer being outside and I think it was interrupted or something. I reinstalled the driver, reset the bios settings after a reboot, tried system restore and still no results. Could it be a card issue?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi ,

Could you update the  Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver from the below link and check ?

Type:Driver - Network
Version:2023.27.1230.2015 Rev.A(15 Mar 2016)
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)

File name:sp75236.exe (41 MB)

Download Link : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_167027_1

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r- K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

hi ,

Could you update the  Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver from the below link and check ?

Type:Driver - Network
Version:2023.27.1230.2015 Rev.A(15 Mar 2016)
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)

File name:sp75236.exe (41 MB)

Download Link : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_167027_1

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r- K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you. It's up and working again.

HP Recommended

I just rebooted my laptop after installing the update and it's right back to where it won't connect. I'm not sure what else it could be. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try a newer driver than the one karthikeyan77 posted.

2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A (9 Sep 2016)

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you. The wifi adapter is now up and running after I rebooted the notebook.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
Hi,
I am having the same issue as above. I am unsure how to update the wifi adapter as I cannot get onto the wifi. I don't really understand the technical stuff so not sure where to begin.
Thanks,
Laura
HP Recommended

Hi, @LauraB82 :

This is now the latest driver for the RTL8723BE wifi card...

2023.48.1130.2016 Rev.A      Feb 9, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79095.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. I have tried running this and it gets so far then nothing seems to happen. Is there soemthing I need to change in my settings as well? When I then unplug the ethernet and try to connecct to wifi it restarts my computer and brings up a QR code.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.