Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP w6t28pa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Hp-15-be001tx laptop which has Intel i5 processor and Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter which has single antenna on motherboard and only 802.11 b/g/n which has very low range of 2.4ghz with 300 mbps.

My question is I am looking to update my wifi card to dual band card like :

Intel 8265NGW

or 

Broadcom BCM94352Z

both are good , but i don't know that if my HP laptop have any blacklist for any other adaptor or these adaptor will fit into the pocket size on motherboard.

I know that i have to install extra 1 antenna for these dual band cards and I am OK with that installation also.

Thanks

Naitik

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
Hi,

There is no BIOS whitelist for notebooks manufactured after 2014. You can go for any dual band card provided you have 2 antennas.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0, HP Part number : 710661-001 is what expert suggest here in Forum. I'm not sure of the Intel card you posted.

http://www.amazon.com/710661-001-Intel-Wireless-ac-7260-Pci-express/dp/B00PDLCFL8/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie...

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thanks for quick reply , but I am concerned with the connector shape with motherboard for different wireless card.

My current card has connector which look like this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WLAN-WIFI-REALTEK-RTL8723BE-WIRELESS-ADAPTER-M-2-802-11-B-G-N-BLUETOOTH-/272...

and which you have given link has different shape as i can see. 

Seems to be two kind of connector : NGW adaptor and Half mini PCIe interface.

I am still confused because wrong part will keep me on high price as well as much delay.

I don't know if it's specific to my model number !!

Thanks

Naitik 

HP Recommended

You will have two problems with installing a duel band card. One is you may only have one antenna lead installed in the notebook. So for duel band you would have to install a second lead antenna. Second is the fact that your choice of cards that work is limited to what options that model had available in production. Something simple as looking up your drivers on the HP support site can list the cards it supports with driver information. Otherwise your only option if to add a USB adaptor if you want a better Wifi connection. My Pavilion 15 came with a Realtek 8723be single band 2.4 ghz chip and yes it's not the best chip. But I found out that my model only has one antenna lead which would mean disassembly significantly to install another antenna lead. 

HP Recommended

I understand that i have to insall second antenna that not present in current setup , well my concern was about size and also connector type for my network card so as before order i should check here, Well i will again open my laptop and order based on visual only for new card.

Will update here which connector will fit into the model .

Thanks for writing back.

HP Recommended

Can't say for sure what type of card you have. Mine when I looked at it was not a half card but this sites gives some general specs on what is used.  https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/mini-pci-mini-pci-e-mini-pci-e-half-height-guide-laptop-wifi-...

HP Recommended

I am using an HP AC-635TU laptop (equilent to HP G4 250), which uses same RTL8723BE adapter and single antenna configuration as said here. Runs Win 10 as OS. Terrible wifi issues. Drops, less range, intermittent stalls. I have ordered an Intel ac7265 adapter and two dual band antennas. Will update here, once if the upgrade is sucess. Fingers crossed..

HP Recommended

Hurray.. That was a success..

Changed the wifi/bt adater card to Intel Dual Band AC7265.

Laptop recognised the card without any issue.  Seems like there is no whitelist in laptop model HP AC635tu

Wifi driver was installed automically by Win 10. 

Also I downloaded both wifi and bluetooth latest drivers from  Intel Website. Installed both successfully.

Now the wifi signals have better stability. 5Ghz networks recognised succesfully.

Bluetooth is now v4.2. Realtek card had only  Bluetooth v4.0.

Now my bluetooth speaker and mouse connects without any clutters and stay connected for long time.

Previously i had serious BT connection drops with that realtek rtl8723be card.

I bought the Intel adapter from amazon . Dual band antennas from Aliexpress. 

Happy.. happy.. feels like heaven :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Hi, any update on thisone? I want to install somthing like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Intel-9260-1730Mbps-Dual-Band-BT5-0-9260NGW-Wifi-Card-With-2-Anten...

But, no sure if it is going to work. Help!!

HP Recommended

Hi Erik

I don't know whether you are referring to HP laptop 15- ac635tu/ G4 250 . 

But for me the Intel ac9260 didn't worked atleast at 15- ac635tu. On booting, before the bios screen , it screeemed as follows.. unsupported wifi adapter detected. Please remove and restart the PC. A true proof  for whitelisting in bios.  But as you may know Intel ac7260 works flawlessly..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.