Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello.

I have a new Compaq CQ58-353EM laptop. It came with preinstalled system (Windows 8). Afterwards I installed Windows and HP updates.

The problem I have is with the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (ethernet). In the device manager it is shown with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. In the device state it is stated: Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35).

Laptop has all system and hp updates installed.

I tried the following to resolve the problem:

- 2 different bios versions (F.26 and F.25).

- several add/remove/reinstall of the Realtek drivers

- 2 different versions of Realtek drivers: 8.3.730.2012 and 8.20.815.2013 (from Realtek site).

Ethernet is working OK under Ubuntu.

Any suggestions or solutions to the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Test new BIOS

CQ58 Notebook PC and HP 655 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

VERSION:

F.27

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64675.exe

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

105 REPLIES 105
HP Recommended

@JHNTRS wrote:

Hello.

I have a new Compaq CQ58-353EM laptop. It came with preinstalled system (Windows 8). Afterwards I installed Windows and HP updates.

The problem I have is with the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (ethernet). In the device manager it is shown with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. In the device state it is stated: Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35).

Laptop has all system and hp updates installed.

I tried the following to resolve the problem:

- 2 different bios versions (F.26 and F.25).

- several add/remove/reinstall of the Realtek drivers

- 2 different versions of Realtek drivers: 8.3.730.2012 and 8.20.815.2013 (from Realtek site).

Ethernet is working OK under Ubuntu.

Any suggestions or solutions to the problem?

Hi,

It looks like a bug in Windows:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Your+computer's+system+firmware+does+not+include+enough+informatio...

Stay on Ubuntu. My laptop is working much better on linux than Windows. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Hi, I Have the same problem with a Hp Compaq CQ58-214sl !! It's so strange! I think we have the same Lan adapter, so the solution is one and simple: Realtek MUST release a new Driver version compatible with Windows 8.1!

Or Hp will release a new Bios Version that make the old driver compatible with 8.1!

HP Recommended

Hi people!

Same trouble with my CQ58-301AS.....

Technical support and Microsoft in Estonia dont know what bug can be....

😞

HP Recommended

@DanyZaffa wrote:

Hi, I Have the same problem with a Hp Compaq CQ58-214sl !! It's so strange! I think we have the same Lan adapter, so the solution is one and simple: Realtek MUST release a new Driver version compatible with Windows 8.1!

Or Hp will release a new Bios Version that make the old driver compatible with 8.1!

Hi,

The problem is most likely Windows 8.1 because the NIC worked on Windows 8 without troubles, no? I have seen more issues with upgrades to Windows 8.1. I'm not going to have anything from Microsoft from Win 8 and further and recommend to everyone not using Windows for a home usage as linux systems are well developed these days than 5 years ago and ready for a daily usage.:)

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended
Dear Pepe,

We need solution for Win8.1, not your speech about good Linux. For example i have PC with this trouble in my office.... so i need for solution, not Linux 🙂

Thanks
HP Recommended

@AlexEstonia wrote:
Dear Pepe,

We need solution for Win8.1, not your speech about good Linux. For example i have PC with this trouble in my office.... so i need for solution, not Linux 🙂

Thanks

Of course but the problem is caused by Microsoft and not HP or Realtek. Perhaps MS forums might be a better place to ask. We can't do anyting about it. I thought that the update to 8.1 is just a some kind of a service pack but it's more serious.:)

HP Recommended

ok, but microsoft redirected me to HP support 😉

what i need to do?

HP Recommended

@AlexEstonia wrote:

ok, but microsoft redirected me to HP support 😉

what i need to do?

🙂

It looks like MS won't take the responsibility and put it on HP. Such a good business strategy.:) 

There is nothing you can do. The error is caused by the Operating System and only the OS vendor can do anything about it. As Microsoft won't take the responsibility the only option here is to wait until Realtek release a new driver for Windows 8.1 which could be next month.:)

HP Recommended

mother of god  next month.......

Spoiler
:womanmad:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.