Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Pity they could not read their own Forum and provide that as feedback themselves. 

I suspect we will all be looking for the new BIOS and when it appears will upgrade and report on here so we are actually supporting ourselves! ..

HP Recommended
You're awesome 😄
I had almost lost all hope. Will wait eagerly for the new BIOS. I hope it will be released soon, as they said. Within this month, maybe?
HP Recommended

Hey guys, 
just wanted to say that you are not alone.
I have the same problem on HP 655 running win 8.1.

Hopefully HP will do something for their customers!

HP Recommended

It's incredible that a lot of user have this problem and after a month since WInfows 8.1 release, Hp didn't already released an update!

HP Recommended
Here is open thread for HP 655 and problem with Win 8.1 and Realtek driver.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Hp-655-update-to-windows-8-1-problem-...
HP Recommended

I'd like to reply but I may be a little wordy here, so please forgive me.

I am not in any way, shape or form connected with HP except for being a consumer who purchased through a retail outlet one of their products.

I, like many others here made the mistake of installing the Windows 8.1 upgrade (I have some difficulty calling it an update due to its sheer size and far reaching complexity) which resulted in the a number of minor annoyances and some serious issues.

Chances are Microsoft made changes to the way their operating system communicates with hardware drivers and software, minor tweaks to them maybe but a change none the less. This, for myself and others left us unable to use the wired LAN port on our notebooks.

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting a BIOS or firmware update from HP to fix the issue however I am willing to wait at least a month or two for it to appear. I realize this may seem a long length of time but to be honest making a change to BIOS code is NOT something that anyone should contemplate with ease. One mistake, one typing error, one glitch during compiling and that shiny new notebook you have is rendered into an expensive doorstop.

I have plenty of personal expeience with buggy BIOS code and even worse  installation software.

My expectation is that HP "IS" listening and reading our comments and reports.

I fully expect they want the fix out there so the customers are happy however they also know that a fast fix released before it is ready for such a crucial item will have serious and significant repercussion.

The responsible but slow approach will be to first find the problem, not easy if the fault lies with someone elses' software code since they are hardly likely to give HP access to the raw code, identify where the problem lies, devise a solution, implement it and then test it. ix any new issues introduced by the change and then re-test it before finally releasing it to the customers.

It just takes more time than we would like.

On a side note I believe from reading some of the technical press that Microsoft were late in making OEM editions available to equiment and hardware manufacturers. If correct this may explain the scramble and delays for fixes that would normally be ready or nearly ready at the general roll out of the Windows upgrade.

I am as annoyed as yourself but for different reasons, though I am directing my annoyance on Microsoft.

Conside the sheer number of affected people and the hue and cry if they had released the upgrade not just only through the "Microsoft Store" where it was a voluntary installation but through the Windows Update service as a critical or important release for automatic installation by ANY machine so configured that connected to the sevice?

HP Recommended

Just as a passing comment, I have EXACTLY (word for word) the same message and problem on a CQ58-241SA

HP Recommended

Nothing to do! Incredible!

HP Recommended

News?

HP Recommended

Hello DanyZaffa

If I am correct you are looking for news on a driver update? If you are please read this post where I go into detail about when and how drivers for a new update or operating system will be created.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.