Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

On the ssd is no recovery partition. I install the laptop with a new windows 10 home installation with original hp key and all the original drivers from the hp site. also the intel wireless driver.

Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave1210

Thank you for the replying,

Dave, I'm aware that the recovery partition isn't available on the SSD, I was directing you towards using the HP Supplied recovery media:

Click here (look under System recovery using HP supplied recovery media)

If you haven't created one yourself, please order one online: Click here for info.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I dont have the revovery manager. A new recovery disk is 50 euro from the states.  but what is the different between a windows with all the drivers from hp or a original recovery disc. these are the same drivers. but the wifi card is not from hp but from intel.  Is it possible that the Wifi Adapter is not supported by hp.

Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave1210

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Dave, the only reason I'm recommending the recovery manager is because a retail version of windows is not supported by HP, you may want to contact Microsoft for further assistance as only an OEM is supported by HP,

Besides, the OEMs are hassle free set up and if you are not in the US, I could help you with an alternate way of contacting the region you are in to avail the recovery media compatible with your PC.

That said, WiFi cards are not manufactured by HP and are from Intel as you mentioned, I recommend you attempt downloading the drivers from Intel, I've also gone an extra mile and got you a link for the Intel driver update utility, please Click here.

Ans unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do in this scenario unless you get back on the OEM.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance you need,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm going to arrange I get the original Windows

Thanks for your help and tips.:smileyhappy:

Best regards Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave1210

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad I could be of assistance,

Please let me know when you've got the original windows, so that I may resume assisting you.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello mate,

I think i found the problem. I have a dual band wifi card but only 1 antenna lead. do you no a way to change betweet 2.4 and the 5ghz.

Regards Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave1210

The Dual band frequency is set to automatic and should detect signals if and when they come.

if you need to make changes or switch between the two, you will need to get in touch with your ISP and have your Router settings changed.

That said, you can also get a USB wifi adapter as a replacement if the internal wifi adapter doesn't detect the settings or work anymore as it's much cheaper that way, to check the settings currently selected in your WiFi card follow the steps below:

• Using the universal search on the Start Screen, search for "Device Manager."
  • Open Device Manager
  • Find "Network Adapters" in the list and expand it
  • Right click on "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 controller" and open its properties
  • Along the top of the dialog box, open the Driver tab
  • Hit the Advanced tab. This is where you'll change bands.
  • The dropdown "Value" box on the right will have options for 2.4GHz, 5GHz and Auto when the Property box on the left has "Band" highlighted.
  • Select your desired band, hit OK, and you're good to go!

One thing worth noting is that should you specify only 2.4GHz or 5GHz, your Surface will only connect on those bands. If you then leave the house and try to connect to Wifi elsewhere, it's worth making sure you've set it back to Auto to keep things running nice and smoothly

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

when i go to advanced tab i dont l have options for 2.4GHz, 5GHz and Auto. 

HP Recommended

@Dave1210

Thank you for replying,

If the options do not appear, it means that the options are managed by the system internally,

I recommend you contact your ISP and check the router settings if the issue persists you could use the USB wifi dongle to suit your needs.

Check with the local store for details or Contact HP and we should be able to repair/replace the WiFi card once you've reinstalled the OEM version of windows and the issue still persists.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.