Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14s-fq0000 Laptop PC (9VN14AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

i am facing issues with my cellphone(s21 plus) not connecting to my HP laptop, Model 14-fq0039ms, via usb c port.

there is a constant sound from the laptop and the icons is the systems tray flicker. 

strangely, the phone connects without any problem via the USB A ports and shows up in file explorer.

this means there is no problem with phone settings.

next, to check if usb C port has issues, i connected another phone , Note 9 , with the same Usb C to Usb C cable to the C port.

at once, the note 9 was detected in File explorer.

so, the C port is working and the cable is also working.

why is the S21 plus not connecting to the  C port????

Any one face a similar problem? any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As this might be a problem with the phone itself, I suggest you also try the Samsung website as they support the phones.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

No issues with the phone. It connects to A ports on HP laptop. Also connects to my old laptop.

Issue withHP , port C , still not resolved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.