Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 – 15-bl001no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi have a problem with my USB port and logitech mouse. Have tried all possible options to resolve this that is listed on the web including BIOS upgrade, uninstall HUB port and restart and looked at all power settings updated all drivers, updsated wondows 10 well everything that is listed on the web.

The problem is that when rebooting the PC the mouse works for 2-3 minutes then it starts to stop moving and then dies totally and the error message comes from USB that it vannot recognice the device in the USB port and some descriptor is not recognized  by windows as well in the  Device Manager comes with a 43 error like this : A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Now i  do not know what to do because there are no more options to try

Anyone had the same after latest windows 10 updat?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PetterD Though you may have attempted some of these steps, I suggest you go through the suggested sequence as its known to have helped others:

1. Reinstall all USB controllers
    • Press Windows key +X. Now select Device Manager from the list. If you are asked for admin password, type it for confirmation.
    • From the list of hardware devices, click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
    • Now right-click every device showing under Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and click Uninstall to remove them one by one.
    • Restart your computer and let USB controllers to be reinstalled.
    • Now plug in your USB device to check if it is working.

2. Install drivers from manufacturer website
  • Click on Start. Type Control Panel in the search box and hit Enter.
  • Now click on Programs - > Programs and Features.
  • Locate the USB that is not working.
  • Right-click USB driver and click Uninstall.
  • Restart your system after uninstall is complete.

After following any of the above two methods, go to the manufacturer website of your USB and install the latest drivers.

Using Power Management tab

• Press Windows key + X. Select Device Manager.
  • Now click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
  • Double-click on USB Root Hub device.
  • Click Power Management
  • Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
  • Click OK.

If there is more than one USB Root Hub device, you have to repeat the above steps for each device.

• Restart your computer. Check if all the ports are functioning normally.

​​​​​​​Restore usbstor.inf

If the USB port is not recognized by Windows, you cannot access content within it.

• Go to this folder – C:\Windows\inf.
  • Find the file usbstor.inf. Cut and paste the file at a different location.
  • Now plug in your USB device. It should work normally.
  • After the error is fixed, copy usbstor.inf file back to its original location.
  • If you do not have the above files in the directory C:\Windows\inf or if the above method didn’t work, go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and look for the file usbstor.inf_XXXXX (where x will have some values).
  • Now copy these files – inf and usbstor.PNF to the folder C:\Windows\inf.

Restart your system and plug in your USB device.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.