Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an Elitebook 8460p laptop. I'm unable to install drivers for the Bluetooth. After downloading a driver, it couldn't complete the process as a message had popped up given below saying "No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue the installation".

Can someone kindly help me in resolving the issue? Also, when I opened the device manager app, Bluetooth field is missing from the list. 

Untitled.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not all 8460p notebooks come with built in Bluetooth.  It was an option.

The only suggestion I can offer is this...

1. Go into the BIOS and make sure that there is a Bluetooth device present and enabled.

If you see no Bluetooth device, then your notebook does not have the optional BT hardware.

2.  If you do see a Bluetooth device listed in the BIOS and it is enabled, then install the HP connection manager software from the link below, restart the PC and turn on the Bluetooth device using the HP connection manager software.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53394.exe

After you have turned on the Bluetooth, you can uninstall the HP connection manager software and restart the PC if you don't want the option to turn the BT on and off using the software.  It will remain on at all times.

HP Recommended

I am sorry to ask, how to get into the BIOS

HP Recommended

Turn on the PC.

Immediately tap/press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 setup option and somewhere in the BIOS you will see the list of devices present, and whether they are enabled or disabled.

HP Recommended

Alright.

After installing, it says  HP Connection Manager not installed. Application will exit.

HP Recommended

I can't imagine why it would do that.

That software came from your notebook's support page.

See if this older version works...if not, then there is one other way to turn on the Bluetooth...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46730.exe

Make a bootable Ubuntu installer.

Ubuntu download...

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Tutorial for how to make the file bootable...

Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

Boot from the Ubuntu installer.

Select the option to 'Try Ubuntu Without Installing.'

See if you can turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

If you can turn it on, shut down the PC, remove the Ubuntu installer and when you get back into Windows, the BT should be present in the device manager.

HP Recommended

After installing ubuntu , it says" a disc burner isn't found. Make sure it's installed properly."

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know what that means.

You should have been able to turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

HP Recommended

How to boot from Unbuntu installer?

HP Recommended

I've created a bootable usb stick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.