Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-dw0015nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought this laptop, HP 15-dw0015nl, and since the day one the wifi connection is dropping randomly.

It mounts the dreaded RTL 8821CE and I tried everything I could to make it stable:

• Launching EVERY test in uefi recovery mode (every test returns ok)
  • Reinstall Windows 10
  • Update Windows to latest version (1809 first and 1903 later)
  • Update Driver from the official page (latest package with version 2024.0.8.107/2024.0.4.108 Rev.S sp96885.exe)
  • Install latest Realtek Driver from Microsoft Catalog
  • Try every power management profile combination

Despite my effort, none of the taken actions are working.

I'm so stressed and disappointed, I really regret buying this laptop, so angry! 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@serverless 

Please try to perform a CLEAN install of SP96885.EXE. This should help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I completed the CLEAN installation of the aforementioned driver.

The problem it's still there, but now another issue arised, EVERY time I start a download (no matter which browser or url), the connections HANGS and recover only after a while.

I really can't stand all these issues. 

HP Recommended

So unstable during downloads! Why disk I/O should interfere with the connection stability? 

Unbelievable!

HP Recommended

Just updated, with a clean install, to the latest release on the official page of my laptop with softpaq sp98489.exe

Guess what? No improvement.

How could a vendor like HP chose such a crummy piece of hardware for their laptops.

HP Recommended

Same here, and I work from home! 

I finally just plugged my computer in to the ether net cable to stop it. I have not reached out to HP.

HP Recommended

I contacted HP via Whatsapp, it was a complete failure.

They told me to follow a standard procedure ( reboot, reinstall windows, reinstall drivers. uefi check, etc...), but nothing worked. After I told them that the problem it's still unresolved, they disappeared and never answered me again!

I wish I've never bought this laptop and it's my last HP product for sure. I'll be sure that it's the last HP product also for my friends and at work.

So so disappointed!

HP Recommended

@serverless

I notice that you have made a couple of these post. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.