Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How many memory slots does this laptop have and what is the max per slot it can be upgraded to?  I'm hoping this will speed it up.  It is surprisingly slow considering it is only used for web and word processing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I recommend that you install an 8 gb ram memory.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello.

Please indicate the product number (model) of your equipment:

Find the product information with HP Support Assistant.
  1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
    If it is not already installed, download HP Support Assistant and then open the application.
  2. Click the My devices tab.
    The product name, serial number, and product number display on the tile for your notebook.

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

1TJ84UA#ABA

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Your equipment supports a maximum of 16 gb of ram.
It has two slots to place the ram memory.

Compatible ram memories:

● 8-GB 862398-855
● 4 GB 862397-855 and 862397-855.
● 2 GB 864271-855

The ram memory must be  2400MHz, PC4-17000, 1.2v DDR4.

You can get the piece you want from:

Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts

HP Recommended

Thank you.  This has an I3 7th Gen.  What do you recommend for memory expansion?

One 8 gb RAM to replace current 4 GB Slot #1
One 4gb to add to Slot #2

16 gb ram - 8 GB in each slot.  Doubtful Pentium I3 (7th Gen) and/or  system board (832A23.7) would support this.  In other words, going beyond 8 gb would not make a difference in performance due to system limitation. 

Very grateful for your assistance.  I promise this is my last question. 🙂

HP Recommended

I recommend that you install an 8 gb ram memory.

HP Recommended

Okay.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just came across this thread and even if you have already assigned the solution, I want to give some further info. Your notebook will actually support max 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz RAM (2x16GB) even if the service manual mentions 16GB.

There are two slots. For best performance  (dual-channel support) you should use two identical sticks of RAM in each slot. So 2x4GB or 2x8GB which should be enough.

Example of RAM:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-15-bs051od#MEMORYFilters

Another upgrade you really should perform is to replace the Hard Drive with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD such as the Samsung 860 Evo, Crucial MX500 or similar. This would give a great boost to the everyday performance of the notebook.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

Hope it helps,

David

English Community Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.