Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-eq2175ng

Hello everyone, I come from Bielefeld / Germany and have a laptop from HP, but I only have a wireless adapter with Wifi 5.
But I would like to use Wifi 6. I already have a WiFi 6 capable router.

I have the following wireless adapter: Realtek RTL8821CE

Which wireless adapter is capable of WiFi 6 can I retrofit into my laptop???

I have a laptop named : HP Laptop 15s-eq2175ng

I thank you in advance

Greetings Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey hello, I installed the wifi 6 AX200 and installed a second antenna and downloaded the drivers and Jihhaaaa..... It works 👌👌...

The first WiFi adapter was wrong.

The AX 200 fits. As you can see in the pictures, I laid the 2nd antenna below the keyboard 👍

1000012625.jpg

1000012627.jpg

1000012628.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi, Marcus:

I cannot find any posts where someone has attempted to upgrade the Wi-Fi card in the 15s-eq2xxx model series, and HP does not have a service manual for that model series that lists the supported Wi-Fi adapters.

I did find from the parts list for the model series that several models came with this Wi-Fi 6 card as shown for this particular model.

HP PartSurfer

M34029-005
SKO-WLAN Realtek Cocktail ax 1x2

Realtek 8852AE-VT Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.2 WLAN
HP part # M34029-005

Also, your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the RTL8821CE and a Wi-Fi 6 card would require two antenna wires.

So, unless you are willing to order the dual antenna kit listed in chapter 3 of the service manual, and completely disassemble the notebook including the display bezel, you will probably not derive a great benefit from the Wi-Fi 6 card.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

Personally, I don't think it is worth all the trouble to upgrade the Wi-Fi card in your notebook, with no 100% guarantee it will work.

HP Recommended

Yes, when I opened it I saw that there was only one antenna connected.....

If I install one like the one shown on the link it wouldn't help?

Or with another antenna that I might then place as marked in the picture?

That should work or not??

I think I'll try it out...it doesn't cost that much.

Are there also Wifi 6 adapters with USB?

Thank you20240120_234721a.jpg20240120_234124.jpg

HP Recommended

Adding any second antenna wire would be better than nothing, but for best results you would need to install the missing antenna wire from the HP dual antenna kit in the correct location.

The other thing is that Realtek 8852AE has had some pretty bad feedback from other forum members, and I'm afraid that may be the only one you can install to have any chance of it working.

They do make USB AX wifi adapters such as this one...

USB-AX55 Nano AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 USB Adapter: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

HP Recommended

I'm going to order this one now, it's had good reviews, connect a second antenna and then see...

But I don't think it matters whether the antenna is in the display or under the keyboard...

I'll take a look and then report back

https://www.amazon.de/INTEL-NIC-WI-FI-AX210-2230/dp/B097TQ7HBF/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl_1/259-8711445-7148...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07PW43ZFR/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07PW43ZFR&pd_rd_w=fVHRW&cont...

HP Recommended

Good luck.

I hate to be a pessimist but the Intel AX210 has about a 1% chance of working in your notebook.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

HP Recommended

Which Intel card would work with my HP laptop......maybe the AX200???

HP Recommended

I don't think so because I could not find that card offered in the model series.

Normally I would have recommended you try the Intel AX200 because that is the same card HP installed in my HP Envy x360 15-ee0047nr notebook which has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor.

If you want to, that would be up to you.  I cannot guarantee it will work though.

This is the part number/SPS number that HP installed in my notebook:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

HP Recommended

I would now try this AX200 again from the link.....
Is this automatically recognized by Windows?
You should download the drivers for this beforehand or does this happen automatically when the card is recognized?
When I installed the AX210, no card was displayed in the device manager under network adapters.

And how do you know that it is a non-Pro version??

Thanks

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0CB62HR9T/?coliid=I20ELIJ6UOY7Q6&colid=20RL9O38KFW3Q&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_...

HP Recommended

Hey hello, I installed the wifi 6 AX200 and installed a second antenna and downloaded the drivers and Jihhaaaa..... It works 👌👌...

The first WiFi adapter was wrong.

The AX 200 fits. As you can see in the pictures, I laid the 2nd antenna below the keyboard 👍

1000012625.jpg

1000012627.jpg

1000012628.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.