Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

I'm a basically a fledgling at this so bear with me. I'm trying to upgrade my wifi card to get higher internet speeds so I got a new wifi card that process 5ghz speeds and after about 2 days I got a firmware driver issue and my Bluetooth connectivity got disabled all together (Bluetooth wont connect or recognize my devices). I assume this is because my device does not recognize the new wifi card? I put my original stock wifi card back into my device nd my Bluetooth is back to normal functionality but it is at the expense of slower Wifi and I rolled back my driver so all is functioning normally again.

My stock specs for the wifi card: 

Rev 0A

AW-NB274NF

HW: 8V2

Based on my notebook model is my device just not capable of recognizing a faster wifi card? If there is a faster wifi card can someone provide a reference to it? I will happily upgrade my Wifi card in my device. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tteague 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06165572

It has  802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo which is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter with single antenna.

What is your new card ? You can use

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1×1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)

You always have to download driver and install for new hardware. In many cases, Windows can detect new hardware and ask you to update or it can search new driver and install for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.