cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading my Wifi card but there are firmware issues

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

I'm a basically a fledgling at this so bear with me. I'm trying to upgrade my wifi card to get higher internet speeds so I got a new wifi card that process 5ghz speeds and after about 2 days I got a firmware driver issue and my Bluetooth connectivity got disabled all together (Bluetooth wont connect or recognize my devices). I assume this is because my device does not recognize the new wifi card? I put my original stock wifi card back into my device nd my Bluetooth is back to normal functionality but it is at the expense of slower Wifi and I rolled back my driver so all is functioning normally again.

My stock specs for the wifi card: 

Rev 0A

AW-NB274NF

HW: 8V2

Based on my notebook model is my device just not capable of recognizing a faster wifi card? If there is a faster wifi card can someone provide a reference to it? I will happily upgrade my Wifi card in my device. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
87,069 86,953 11,075 23,782
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tteague 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06165572

It has  802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo which is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter with single antenna.

What is your new card ? You can use

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1×1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)

You always have to download driver and install for new hardware. In many cases, Windows can detect new hardware and ask you to update or it can search new driver and install for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation