Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Realtek RTL8188EE802.11 bgn WIFI Adapter is not working properly and showing exclamation sign when i update it it shows that windows found  driver software for your device but encountered error while attempting to install it and device cannot start because of code 10 with it no w my pc is not showing any available wifi option here but only eternet option so i have even update my windows then this error removed and device connected for almost one hour  with wifi but wifi now same problem appeared now wifi network is showing here to connect so kindly suggest some suitable so that  this pc could work properly

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@ASPIRANT

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the WIFI ADAPTER IS NOT WORKING, As you are getting the CODE 10 ERROR,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

First, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

A second option is to try these steps:
Power cycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press Enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I HAVE APPLY ALMOST EVERY SOLUTION RECOMENDED BY YOU TO TACKLE THIS PROBLEM BUT COULDNOT SUCCEEDED 

LAST RECOMENDATION BY YOU TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WORKS FOR ALMOST 1 HOUR BUT NOW AGAIN I FACING SAME PROBLEM AND NOW Realtek RTL8188EE802.11 bgn WIFI Adapter  IS NOT VISIBLEG.PNG 

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press Enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

HP Recommended

y.PNG

NOW THIS IS RECENT SITUATION NO ADAPTOR IS WORKING WELL in next few minutes or hours we could not predict that what will happen it may work well or again disappear or may show exclamation sign

HP Recommended

u.PNGAGAIN SAME PREVIOUS PROBLEM

HP Recommended

@ASPIRANT

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I recommend you run a hardware test on the wireless card to verify if this is a hardware malfunction,

Click here for instructions on how to initiate the test.

Please capture the error message (if any) when it fails or reply with the results for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
Date: 19/07/2017 08:01:26
Event ID: 1014
Task Category: (1014)
Level: Warning
Keywords: (268435456)
User: NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: my_chamber
Description:
Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D}" />
<EventID>1014</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>1014</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000010000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-19T03:01:26.998598500Z" />
<EventRecordID>1680</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1352" ThreadID="2044" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>my_chamber</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-20" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="QueryName">win10.ipv6.microsoft.com.</Data>
<Data Name="AddressLength">128</Data>
<Data Name="Address">02000000C0A80A01000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>t.PNG

quick test is showing warning about wifi adaptor

HP Recommended

recent situation no wifi adapter working properly i cannot predict that what will happen in next few minutes or hours about fate of adapter

HP Recommended

recent situation no wifi adapter working properly i cannot predict that what will happen in next few minutes or hours about fate of adapteri.PNG

HP Recommended

@ASPIRANT

Thank you for replying 😉 

I appreciate your time, however, I need the hardware test results to proceed further.

All I need is the details of the test as it would help us understand the issue and resolve it accordingly,

Here's the link, again (In case you missed it): Click here for instructions on how to initiate the test.

And I would appreciate if you could reply with the results.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.