Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ethernet/Wireless Adapter not visible when I expended Network Adapters.  Additionally, no power management tab visible each time I clicked properties on each unique item within Network Adapters.  A basic restart did not solve either.

HP envy x360 convertible 15m

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@D_BOW4-0

Are you having problems connecting both wireless and via Ethernet?

If you are unable to go online both wireless and wired, I suggest you perform a System Restore to an earlier time before this issue started

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results
  2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.
  4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.
  5. Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.
  6. If you don’t see the restore point that you want to use, select the Show more restore points check box to see more restore points.
  7. If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. Here’s how to check:
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.
    2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.
    3. Select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and see if the Turn on system protection option is selected.
      • If the Turn on system protection option is not selected, system protection isn’t turned on and there aren't any restore points. In this scenario, you won't be able to recovery your PC using a system restore point

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The ability to view or even enable or disable wireless disappeared for a couple days.  For no logical explanation, it returned.  So, to review what happens, wireless capability literally disappeared then reappeared without any action. This is soooo messed up.  I’m back on-line...for now.

respectfully,

David

HP Recommended

@D_BOW4-0

This seems to be an issue with the Updates and I'm glad they got sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.