Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs576tx
Linux

Both Wifi and Bluetooth are not detected in Ubuntu 17.04. 

I search drivers on google but no luck..

Now what i do ?? Thanks in Advance..

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If your BIOS is legacy type, this may work for you

Reboot and enter the BIOS using the F10 key

Go thru the tabs and find the power savings for LAN option and disable it.  Save and exit. 

When end you are back in your OS, see if can now properly detect your wireless hardware

HP Recommended

I continue to look thru the posts on this forum to see if anybody is making progress on the recent wireless connectivity issue and I just saw this:

the only way to fix it on the as of now new a6 7310 notebook is as follows- TYPE "device manager" into windows (10) search bar- SCROLL to "network adapters"-SELECT "realtek rtl8723be''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' wifi adapter" (which is the route cause of the problem)-RIGHT CLICK and "update drivers" use the internet to find and auto install option and thats it.

You are welcome to try that and see what improvement you see and post back on the forum.

Don't worry about the model and adapter types, just follow the steps and equate them to your OS similar procedure.

HP Recommended

In BIOS, there are no options for power savings for LAN..

Name of WFI device is RTL8723DE. And this device is not working in Ubuntu 17.04 OS..

Please HELP?? I m in trouble..

HP Recommended

To bypass possible issues with the bios and make some progress with your wireless connectivity, I suggest you look for and purchase an external USB connected wireless/Bluetooth adapter that works with your OS.  When the solution rolls out, to fix all the laptops that have been hit with some short of wireless bug, you will still have a handy backup.

HP Recommended

Hi  ashoktodawata

1.  Is your (RTL8723DE) WiFi driver problem of  "15-BS576TX"  with Ubuntu -17.04 resolved?

2.  Is the problem only with Ubuntu OS?

3. I am planning to buy this laptop.  What is your general opinion about this model?

4.  Is the ServiceGuide(Manual) "c05493257.pdf" from HP-Site:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

relevant & applicable  for this particular model (15-BS576TX)  with you ?

rgds

HP Recommended

15-BS576TX is really very nice laptop.

Yes, the problem is only with Ubuntu OS and still not resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi ashoktodawata
Thanks for ur answer. 
Glad to know u still have a good opinion about this model 15-bs576tx,even with the Ubuntu driver  problem!
So then  currently you should be opearting it with Windows-10,  successfuly?

Will u be able to answer my 4th question earlier?

4. Is the ServiceGuide(Manual) "c05493257.pdf" from HP-Site:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257
relevant & applicable for this particular model (15-BS576TX) with you ?

rgds

HP Recommended

Hi ashoktodawata, Bhishmar and others,

https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new/issues/270 - The wlan driver module for RealTek RTL8723DE can be expected in 2-3 months time as per the driver maintainer Larry Finger. So, since Linux is more of an open source, contributory nature of development and support, we cannot "order" neither Larry or to Linus Torvalds for this Wlan module support. :smileyembarrassed: I'm 100% sure the wifi module will be supported soon.

For those who, like me, who are solely relying on Linux and needs WiFi, what we can try is  (1) to test if this module works with Windows driver (expert level) using Ndiswrapper or something similar. OR, (2) if you don't mind spending Rs 200 (approx. $3), may buy a usb wifi module like RaLink RT5370  or other cheaper ones and use it until the Linux driver modules for RTL8723DE arrives.

This is how the device looks likes, just press it onto the usb port.

https://www.amazon.in/RaLink-Receiver-Wireless-Raspberry-installation/dp/B01MS8EURE

Cheers,

COE2k14

HP Recommended

Hi,

just, go in BIOS, and reset default, save settings , and go back in Ubuntu. For me works for 2 laptops these settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.