Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr0000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Throughout the day, the laptop will disconnect from the WiFi network, sometimes it will reconnect if i connect back, other times it won't connect to any wireless network unless i disable and reenable the adaptor in the network config. When this happens, the event log states the following which shows every 1 minute as far back as my event log goes.

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x4
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DBC&SUBSYS_85E7103C&REV_F0
Secondary Device Name:

Things i have tried so far

Disabled power saving on the WiFi card in device manager

Updated WiFi card drivers to latest HP Drivers

Updated driver using Intel's latest driver.

Updated BIOS

I know from previous experience on WiFi Intel adaptors i had identical issues on one of my older HP laptop and also on 2 Lenovo laptops  and ended up replacing the WiFi adaptor with a better model as searching online it seems it was quite common. Since this laptop is less than a year old and still in warranty i'd prefer not to have to purchase a new WiFi card.

This happens throughout the day, sometimes it will stay up for a few hours, sometimes minutes.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@00WD40 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that WiFi Disconnects randomly and WHEA Logger fault in the event log.

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after installing new hardware on the computer?

For now please perform these steps:

• Perform complete hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2uoegKc  and check if the hardware tests pass. Follow the option “Run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more)” (HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures)

If diagnostics fail, then it will report a failure code for the failed component. Make a note of it and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced or repaired.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.