Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-r033TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

In my Laptop WiFi suddenly stopped working. I can see the networks but can't connect to any of them. Also, I see the network names twice. For example, if the network name is "VodafoneInternet", I see two of them in the Laptop. One with the real name VodafoneInternet and the second one like Vod(foneInternet, Voda#oneInternet, etc. 

Laptop Model: HP 15r-033TX

Ethernet works fine without any issue. But connection to WiFi doesn't work at all.
I tried updating drivers, BIOS etc. but nothing fixed the issue.
Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sujith

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@sujith_here wrote:

Hello,

In my Laptop WiFi suddenly stopped working. I can see the networks but can't connect to any of them. Also, I see the network names twice.

@sujith_here 

Your machine probably supports dual channels networks therefore it see both networks on router. Normally the 2.4GHz network is name and other network is name-G5. For example:

2ssida.png

They use same password and your machine should be able to connect one of them. Now please connect to one of them and enter password . What does it says ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien,

Thank you for the reply.
My Laptop doesn't support 5GHz band. The network adapter is Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 
But to verify I tried disabling 5Ghz in the router. Still Laptop is showing two networks. One with the correct SSID and an additional one with special character in the SSID. I am not able to connect to both the networks.
I can access internet only through LAN.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.