Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Note from moderators: this message was originally posted in another topic, but it was moved to a new one to give more visibility for volunteers that help customers in the Community.

Original topic URL: Re: WiFi speed issues - HP Support Community - 8579556

Reply:

Thanks for your response. I have already completed a full reset on the laptop, as Currys demanded, it made no difference. The laptop is now back with Currys to be assessed under warranty. 

Meanwhile I have been doing some more research and the problem would seem quite common. Either the WiFi circuit is poorly designed or the firmware/driver is flawed, probiblly a mixture of both. The other possibility is that Windows 11 is not making full use of the circuit due to the small amount of memory (4gb) in the laptop. Either way, this is poor design and not of reasonable quality.

It is just over two weeks now and I hope to hear the engineers opinion very soon. I had also contacted HP support who accessed the laptop remotely and told me there was nothing wrong with it. They suggested the WiFi was slow due to malware, pretty much the default cop-out. I use McAfee and scanned with Malware Bytes but nothing was found. I finally carried out the full system reset so pretty much all soft options exhausted. I find your request for system details interesting, are you aware of any faults in any specific batches? 

Thanks again for your interest, let me know if you would like to know the outcome re Currys investigation. For a fault that seems so common though I would expect someone to know about it. Happy New Year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.